Ugh, need help. Motor not starting....again.

GoldenMotor.com

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
So, I decided to put a 12v gen for lights, an expansion chamber, a boost bottle, and I replaced my magneto because I was getting intermittent spark. Now, the damn thing won't start. I've tried choking it, leaving the choke down, pinching the boost bottle tube, reinstalling the stock pipe, and none of these worked. I haven't tried removing the gen or changing mixture yet. Any suggestions other than those two possibilities?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
magneto rarely gives intermittent spark, might be bad CDI

adding gen might leave mag with bad connection (that's if it is on right side up in first place)

boost bottle can give air leak (those bottles seem useless anyway)

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
magneto rarely gives intermittent spark, might be bad CDI

adding gen might leave mag with bad connection (that's if it is on right side up in first place)

boost bottle can give air leak (those bottles seem useless anyway)
When I replaced the magneto, I tested the spark and it is strong and consistent. I'm not entirely sure which way the gen is supposed to go, and I may need some plumbers tape to seal the threads for the boost bottle hose nipple. I'll tape over the hole I had to drill and tap, and try it that way. Is the gen supposed to go on with the plates on top of or underneath the magneto?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
never had one come into the shop, so don't know much about them

since they bolt to armature of the ignition coil, I'd try starting it with that removed just to see if that helps

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
never had one come into the shop, so don't know much about them

since they bolt to armature of the ignition coil, I'd try starting it with that removed just to see if that helps
I plan on that. If it starts, then I can make sure it is running right, then attach the gen under the magneto. I currently have it on top.