triple tree vs mountain suspension fork?

GoldenMotor.com

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
Looking to buy 26" 1 1/8 threadless suspension fork and stem

What is the difference between triple tree suspension forks and mountain bike suspension forks?

I want to know about durability and ride quality.

MBRebel fork.jpg umoto fork.jpeg

--------------------------------------
triple tree suspension forks will complicate the build.

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Those forks both scuk. Search for threads on what to look for in a fork. The one on the left will snap at the crown one day and the one in the right will start bucking cause it's junk (I know a guy with one)

I run triple tree without suspension cause I trust it to not break. Headset adjustment is easy with threadless

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
All the triple trees under 180mm travel are coil sprung PsOS. You will be better off going RST Aerial or SR Suntour Epixon. Both are air sprung, Epixon has rebound damping, Aerial has hydraulic lockout. Epixon is plush, but supportive. Aerial is really plush, and has a great feel, but goes through it's travel pretty easily. There are other options still, like xoss, and of course, rockshox and fox, but they tend to be a bit pricier.

xXNightRiderXx

Jan 12, 2017
Boise
This is a very old. I am using a triple tree without suspension for now.
I felt it deserved to be revived. Suspension forks are a very big component that contributes to safety, so I don't want people thinking that stamped forks are going to do much in the way of smoothing out a ride, let alone being durable. Mtb suspension forks are specifically designed to handle massive loads and repetitive compressions. Riding them on the road will actually prolong their life, as they do not experience as many compressions nor as much frontal strain from obstacles.

The forks sold by CDHPower are stamped, not cast, are coil sprung, and use the outdated disc brake mount standard. The SR Suntour Epixon and similar forks are cast mtb components with the options of tapered and straight steerers, and they come with the new standard post mounts, making it easier to mount disc brakes. That is why I recommend them.

Ooh, is that the bike I think it is? The aluminum 7 speed cruiser frame with fenders and discs sold on Amazon for about $435? I thought about using that bike to replace my current frame, but decided against it. The cost, for me at least, isn't justified when I could use it to build a different bike and sell the one I'm building now.