Trike conversion kiit with a cruiser and 2 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

bikebum1975

Aug 18, 2008
Connecticut
Hey all I wanted to get your input on an idea for a custom trike I am thinking about. I want to take a trike conversion kit I saw from lovelylowrider.com to convet any bike to a trike pu it on my Schwinn Jaguar cruiser and mount a 2 stroke on the bike frame rather than a rear mount. I just don't like the look of it plus I want it for a grocery getter/cargo hauler and I want the room in the back. Does any one think this can be done? I would even get sick bick parts shift kit if need be. Any help would be appreciated. And as soon as I do get every thing together and built I will be posting photos of for you guys.
Thanks for the help Jim:bike2:

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
Hey....Bikebum,

We're on the same page here, bro. Im looking into doing the same thing here, including the SBP shift kit. Id like to do one additional step though and widen the rear axle about 9" on each side....little better stance/stability. Good luck....I'll be watching, Jim.(c)

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Youngbird,something to consider about widening the axle 9 inches on each side is a foot and a half extra width you'll have to think about when going thru tight obstacles like having to ride on the sidewalk down a road where the speed limit is 45 or greater.
Sometimes a trike less wide is a better bet and it still offers great stability.
Yesterday on my 26 mile one way ride to Cherry Creek and 26 miles back I crossed a bridge on the trail that was nothing but ice. I would have been concerned if I was on my bike. The trike took it like nothing,and it's not that wide at all.

Youngbird

Vendor
Dec 2, 2008
Longneck, DE
If you are talkin hydrostatic drives, like on a mower....they will make it quick and fast, but they arent any good for distance running. They will tend to heat up quickly unless some kind of fluid cooler can be rigged. like a radiator. But keep pounding on it....it may work.^5

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
in the process myself :)

cruiser frame, SBP shift kit and pipe, Aluminum intake from Creative, CNS, triple tree front end with a disc brake and some APES.