Trade guitars for engine kit

GoldenMotor.com

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Hi I have a 6 sting, a bass, a practice amp and a flanger pedal that I would like to trade for a used Happy Time engine kit. All together everything is worth about $350.00. I want this kit for my wife so we can go riding together. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Dude - sell them on eBay individually! You're giving away a lot for a $120 kit man... I'm an eBay Junkie, and I've learned a couple of important things:

1. There is a buyer for EVERYTHING YOU HAVE
2. They will buy it broken as long as you tell them it is.
3. They will usually pay too much for it if you start the bidding at $1 and leave no reserve. This starts a "bidding frenzy", and just like the most popular girl at school, if a buyer sees "lots" of bids, they think it's something worth bidding on...

I'm sure your guitars and stuff are easily worth more...or at least make the trade for a 4-stroke kit! :)

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Sorry about that... The 6 string is a "Memphis" guitar. It is made by Yamaha. Yamaha got in trouble with Gibson over the design of the guitar because it looked too much like a Les Paul Jr. so they changed the name to "Memphis" and sold out the line. The bass is a "Takan" bass (no-name). But it looks like a fender and plays BETTER than a fender. I know, I played bass in bands for years. Will have to wait to get more info about the amp and the flanger. They are put up right now and I will have to dig them out... lol.. Hope this helps some

The condition is good on both the guitars. I don't know how old either of them are. I bought the Memphis guitar used and I've had it for about 8 years now. I've had the bass for about a year. The bass is missing a knob on the volume control but the stem is still there and works. Costs you next to nothing to get another knob.

Last edited:

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Dude - sell them on eBay individually! You're giving away a lot for a $120 kit man... I'm an eBay Junkie, and I've learned a couple of important things:

1. There is a buyer for EVERYTHING YOU HAVE
2. They will buy it broken as long as you tell them it is.
3. They will usually pay too much for it if you start the bidding at $1 and leave no reserve. This starts a "bidding frenzy", and just like the most popular girl at school, if a buyer sees "lots" of bids, they think it's something worth bidding on...

I'm sure your guitars and stuff are easily worth more...or at least make the trade for a 4-stroke kit! :)
Hi Mark!... yea I know... you are probably right. I just wanted to get a kit for my wife. But I guess I might do better on eBay. Maybe I will do both at once and whichever comes out the winner that's the one I will go with. Oh and in case anyone is listening... the 4 stroke thing sounds real good! I would much rather have a 4 stroke than a 2 stroke. Thanks Mark. Thanks everyone.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Mark- I tried selling a couple of items (on ebay) I thought were sell-able, starting at .99 and no reserve, I just sold them at the flea market last week finally!