Tire is off center

GoldenMotor.com

Autism-mom-4/20/15

Jul 25, 2021
Buffalo NY
Ok guys I figured out what was wrong with my 80cc motorized bike the back tire is off center ever time I put it on the Frame it’s off center on the left side its running against the left side of the frame causing the tire to start to have some where and tear on that side it dose not touch the right side of the frame at all how do I realign my back tired so this doesn’t happen TIA

Attachments

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
The action of tightening the nuts on the axle I think I noticed causing centering the wheel to pull. If turning both sides of axle nuts at same time maybe it can lessen the effect. I also got these nuts with built in washers that are free from turning with the nut. Sort of a bearing surface. It still happens though.

As what Sidewinder said using a shim wedge of wood, as well as keeping in mind trying as best to incrementally tighten both sides of the axle nuts evenly, I usually take between 3 and 5 tries to get it to not rub the tire anywhere.

What also probably helps, but is not really necessary is the two adjustable things that some bike have to help tension a chain or drive belt. I have a v-belt and the amount of tension I could not achieve without the device. A chain if different I think and does not need nearly the same tension, as chains don't slip.

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry