Throttle tuning?

GoldenMotor.com

ChuckN2JahMusic

Jan 6, 2019
Hey y’all. New guy here. First build. 2 stroke. Got it running well. But it seems like the throttle is always at full throttle. As soon as I release the clutch, I’m going, and can only adjust my speed by braking or adjusting the little lever between my legs. Nothing happens when I give it gas, it seems like I might even be able to start it by just peddling a little and releasing the clutch. Is this normal?

MacZulu

Jul 3, 2015
Vancouver
Check the idle screw, little screw with a spring on it. If its screwed all the way in it may cause your situation.

Also take off the air filter so you can see the carb throat and watch it as you twist the throttle, is the slide going up and down with your twists?

ChuckN2JahMusic

Jan 6, 2019
Carb throat? Is that the little cylindrical thingy that you slip the throttle cable thru, and gets pulled up when you pull on the throttle? Lol. If so. Then yes that was the problem.

On the inside of that little cylindrical thingy, there’s a groove cut out for a little nipple that sticks out on the inside of the carburetor.

I don’t know what any of these things are called, but I figured it out. Slid it in right.

So yeah, I was basically running it at full throttle all the time. Hah.