Throttle replacement

GoldenMotor.com

Josh380

Feb 13, 2009
Aliso Viejo, CA
I've read the thread that talks about a new throttle with metal instead of the cheesy plastic stock one. My question is, can that junky grip be replaced with the stock one for matching purposes, or is it glued together?

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Glue or no glue, I don't see why you couldn't make a slice along the grip and remove it. Underneath is the plastic housing that you can slide your new grip onto.

Josh380

Feb 13, 2009
Aliso Viejo, CA
I've never had any problems with the plastic ones. I'm an expert at injection molded plastics, so if you've found a flaw in the plastic throttle housing, or the handle, I would like to know what you've found.

Jim
I don't think this is a new issue..but here's the picture. A little out of focus, but I'm sure you can figure out what failed:

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
I see!!!!

It looks awfully thin. All the ones I've had, about ten, have had plenty of plastic where the cable attaches. Call Dax...mine have always been fine.

As far as the actual grip ia concerned: be sure that the replacement is pliable enough to fit before you cut the old one off. The throttle is just enough larger than the handle bars that many grips will not go on.

Jim

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
Josh That is the same thing that happened to my throttle.
I havent replaced the grip yet.... but im shure you can go to
any mc shop and get replacement grip for it. Just to let know
I have not had any more problems with my throttle since the upgrade.