Thought I'd start my posts with something easy for you guys...

GoldenMotor.com

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
yup! good to go! You can do this!! :)
Then that's my project for tomorrow, tightening all the bolts down heh.

About the center thing though, could you clarify on that because you either mean centered on the hub or the sprocket centered with the gear on the motor. If it's the second, that a I said before i gonna be a PIA.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
Centered on the hub. that's what i mean.

with sprocket alignment, you pretty much got whatcha got. You're pretty much limited to moving the c shaped shims and flipping the sprocket. another thing that a sprocket adapter does for you. you can slide it across the hub to adjust alignment with the motor. I understand that the cost can be off putting on that one. It's worth it though.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
Centered on the hub. that's what i mean.

with sprocket alignment, you pretty much got whatcha got. You're pretty much limited to moving the c shaped shims and flipping the sprocket. another thing that a sprocket adapter does for you. you can slide it across the hub to adjust alignment with the motor. I understand that the cost can be off putting on that one. It's worth it though.
Well on the note of fthe adapters, like I said...

The only one I have come across is the manic mechanic and it only works on he backwards pedal braking bikes. As also stated before, my bike has real brakes since when I backwards pedal I free spin heh.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I have a steel rim with 12g spokes and a shimano clone coaster hub. I dont use the rubber on the outside of the spokes either, only on the inside. I replaced the stock sprocket assembly nuts with nylon lock nuts. I have been running this setup for almost 3 years now, and my rim has been fine this way. my chain lines up fine. I run kmc Z410H-NP chain. the side plates are 20% thicker than normal 410 chain.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
How do I measure my hub size to make sure the right clamps included ?
The model of hub might be listed in the manual that came with the bike. Otherwise, you would use a pair of calipers. If you want to be creative, you could cut a piece of paper to wrap around the hub. Figure out the circumference, then work backward to the diameter.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
So ya, I finally got around to tightening this up but its killin my hands. I got the gap almost all gone but still have a ton of tightening to do. Here's my question though... how darn far do I have to go bec as it stands its getting hand killing but I know it can still go a good distance.

Forumrunner sometimes has issues with adding more than one pic so I'm gonna do another reply to show the centering whick I think is pretty good right now.

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

Sent from my PANTECH Crossover ™ on AT&T via Forum Runner.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
not that tight but good and tight
This is why I asked... I'll be damned if I'm riding on 9 bolts that can do this !!!

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

What can I replace these with that I can twist the **** out of to make sure thay're good n' tight ? I didn't try to put but another few half twists on it. I mean ****, this is bad bodily injury were talkin here if somethin wasn't tight enough. But ya, I guess if this happened it means they were already good to go. That said... I wana replace em all bec the last thing I need is one of the others to fail on me even if I replaced the busted one with a hulk like bolt should such a monster exist.

This makes me wana cry though (not really lol)... I was all set to ride this by Tuesday.

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
if you get grade 8 bolts you can use a impact gun on them and not break them
So basically what I did power wise to these by hand I could do more and not even make em flinch. That's good to know, I imagine they're on the expensive side, well depending on how much for 9 with grade 8 nuts I should definately be more than safe. Do they even make grade 8 bolts that not only in length but in width fit the sprocket ?

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
they make them and grade 5 will be more than enough if you cant get grade 8 almost any desent bolts wont break if you hand tighten them these kit bolts are the cheapest of the cheap

MoreBloodWine

Oct 9, 2012
Meadville, Pa
they make them and grade 5 will be more than enough if you cant get grade 8 almost any desent bolts wont break if you hand tighten them these kit bolts are the cheapest of the cheap
I'd rather just go grade 8 for the peace of mind bec as my luck would have it I'd probably crack a 5 lol. What size / length are these sprocket bolts anyway... if nothing ellse I just take the busted one with me to size up.