This is why people hate motor bicyclist's.

GoldenMotor.com

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just ordered a new e-bike and wanted to see additional video reviews. This rider is on the bike I just bought, but I will never ride like he does. For some reason I got no sound; but I watched to see how the bike did. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. He's in Chicago, heading for Skokie. I seriously believe he will injure both himself and possibly multiple vehicles if he always drives like this. On the plus side, he did stop at two stoplights that I noticed.

It's no wonder we have to worry about legislation regarding licensing and insurance for motorized bicycles.

For those who have less time, the best parts are from 2:30 to 3:30, 6:10 to 6:33, 7:45 to 8:15, 9:10 to 9:48, 10:55 to 11:25 and 14:10 until end.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
Unfortunately, that rider probably is in the mentality that hes riding a normal bicycle. Hence why hes riding on the sidewalk( in that part of chicago that's classified as a public parkway and BICYCLES can legally ride on the side walk however hes on an ebike witch cant....) but yea not stopping at stop signs, rolling though red lightsa and blatantly cutting off traffic are all no goes even on a bicycle and are actually hefty moving violations($350 and up depending on severity) but yea... that's why people hate anything on 2 wheels, riders just think normal road rules dont apply to them. Most with this mentality will be in a critical accident at one point.. please guys ride safe and follow road rules....

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I'm also on a cycling forum. Good cyclist extremely dislike idiot cyclist who think traffic laws don't apply to them. This causes many to think all cyclist don't obey traffic laws and ride irresponsible. In the USA bicycles are defined as vehicles and are expected to obey all traffic laws which applies to them.

Reactions: Taffy13

Taffy13

Sep 23, 2019
I'm also on a cycling forum. Good cyclist extremely dislike idiot cyclist who think traffic laws don't apply to them. This causes many to think all cyclist don't obey traffic laws and ride irresponsible. In the USA bicycles are defined as vehicles and are expected to obey all traffic laws which applies to them.
It goes both ways though. Most people in cars don't see bicycles as vehicles. I've been yelled at many times to ride on the sidewalk. And I've been honked at on even more occasions for stopping at stop signs and almost being hit while crossing because people dont think they have to consider you. Even had someone do it in front of a police officer and then try to argue that a bicycle isn't supposed to be on the road.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
It goes both ways though. Most people in cars don't see bicycles as vehicles. I've been yelled at many times to ride on the sidewalk. And I've been honked at on even more occasions for stopping at stop signs and almost being hit while crossing because people dont think they have to consider you. Even had someone do it in front of a police officer and then try to argue that a bicycle isn't supposed to be on the road.

Other things I suggest is getting actual communication lighting (front and rear directional lamps, brake and tail lamps). Get helmet and/or handlebar mirrors. I use a duel volume horn system for alerting others. The low volume horn for alerting cyclist and pedestrians. The loud volume horn for alerting closed compartment vehicles. I put the low volume horn on the left handlebar and the loud volume horn on the right handlebar. Finally use a recording system. I now use glasses cams. If you're being harassed, if possible get a clear shot of the person(s) face(s) and tag number. It is now considered a road rage crime to harass a cyclist and a motorist can even lose their driver's license over it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Grubb

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
All too often people have grown up with terrible cycling skills. Then these poor skills are transferred over into the motorized bicycle world. The key factors to good safe cycling is be noticed and be predictable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taffy13