This is a motor bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
New Mexico is the last place in murica because a motorized bicycle is considered a bicycle...
That's a little better than Texas. Here all motor vehicles, except electric bicycles, are considered self propelled. That puts china girls in a gray area of the law, because in court you could argue that you have to pedal it away from a stop to get it moving. eBikes enjoy special status, because even though they're self propelled, the law specifically states eBikes are considered bicycles.

Reactions: Mossy

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Good advise Tony, never incriminate yourself. I'm really not that worried about anyone making an issue about how much power my bike might have, especially since I usually run all the stop signs lol. Of course I do slow down enough to make sure no one will run me over. A lifetime of riding has taught me that following the law can get you killed on a bike. I ride in a manner that I feel is most likely tokeep me alive. Imo a 20 mph normie eBike is a lot more dangerous than my bike. I'd rather explain my actions to a judge than St Peter.
Agree completely. I know many people who have gotten hurt riding in the bike lane. I’ve been pulled over for riding in the lane and told the cop the same thing, he said it has to be registered.

Reactions: biknut

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Agree completely. I know many people who have gotten hurt riding in the bike lane. I’ve been pulled over for riding in the lane and told the cop the same thing, he said it has to be registered.
In Texas I don't think you could get pulled over on an eBike if yout pants were on fire.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This is what riding in Dallas is like.This was about 15,000 miles ago. I've never been pulled over on the Stealth. I have almost 22.000 miles now.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
That's a little better than Texas. Here all motor vehicles, except electric bicycles, are considered self propelled. That puts china girls in a gray area of the law, because in court you could argue that you have to pedal it away from a stop to get it moving. eBikes enjoy special status, because even though they're self propelled, the law specifically states eBikes are considered bicycles.
It's just the noise that attracts the problems... I've had fun with it when my muffler fell of a few times... 40 mph sounds crazy fast to a ken or Karen as you pass by... Flames at night with no pipe down richassholes beach setting off car alarms... ;)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's just the noise that attracts the problems... I've had fun with it when my muffler fell of a few times... 40 mph sounds crazy fast to a ken or Karen as you pass by... Flames at night with no pipe down richassholes beach setting off car alarms... ;)
Kind of stinky too.

I wasn't sure about riding in silence. All my bikes before were loud, or louder. It only took me about 2 seconds to love the silence. You can get away with a lot more when your bike doesn't make any sound.