The Huffy build

GoldenMotor.com

DTFuqua

Jul 16, 2012
Florida
Actually, it looks like an old lawn boy lawn mower engine. Some two stroke lawn mower engine. Way back in the day, I had one and was looking to make a go kart with for my sons but it was too easy to buy a horizontal shaft engine already for the go kart.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Actually, it looks like an old lawn boy lawn mower engine. Some two stroke lawn mower engine. Way back in the day, I had one and was looking to make a go kart with for my sons but it was too easy to buy a horizontal shaft engine already for the go kart.
I think this would be a horizontal shaft engine if you look at the picture below you will see the four mounting holes where you would thread in the bolts.

As shown in the picture it is on its side.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
what kind of a mount do you have in mind or are you going to wing it when the engine shows up?
and that fuel tank is sweet!
I have some ideas, but they will be more firmed up when I have my hot little hands on the engine. But no mater how I do it, I think the bike frame will need to be modified.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Now that I have my engine on its way to me, I am wondering what size sprocket I should run on the back and what size for the engine. I will also need some type of tans with a jack shaft assembly most likely to make it all line up.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Ok, I poked around some on the forum to see if I could find some info on what sprockets I should use when I start to install the Tec 2hp. Here is what I came up with.

The output on the engine 10T, outside jack shaft sprocket 15T, inside JS sprocket 10T and 24" rear wheel sprocket 40T. If the engine is spinning at about 3500rpm then the final output speed should reach 41mph.

Attachments

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I love my old 70's Huffer 3 spd. It cost $15 at a garage sale, never bin
ridden, not even a speck of dust inside the fenders. The tires were yellowed
& cracked, but the still had the sprew hairs from the mold. I don't know why
the elitists look down their noses at Huffys. They've bin in the top 2 in sales
in the U.S. for fifty+ years. Quality is not as good since the Chinese bought
Huffy, but they are still durable and affordable. That old new 3 spd does
everything you'd want if you've got a motor with a lot less hassle than
derailleurs.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Not sure they do have a name, just thot it was descriptive.
that's gonna be a sharp lookin bike by the time it's done.
mine's ugly by comparison but it functions well,