The aftermarket 2 piece LD 100 50mm x 40 G4 cylinder ( exhaust port)

GoldenMotor.com

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Has anyone else dealt with the" LD-100" 50 mm "100" cc aftermarket cylinder

I recently got one of these and I can't seem to find anything that matches or even comes close to matching the exhaust port.

The carb hole is about the same as normal but the exhaust port is huge but not as big as the BT cylinder which is round and the LD PORT is more oval.

I've reamed out a stock c.g. exhaust pipe to as wide as I dare but still it's not even close to matching the exhaust port.

The sidewall of the exhaust port are thin. Like 3.2 mm so there's not alot of surface area for the flange to make a good seal.

Would it be possible to use jb weld to build up the area around the outside of the port for a bigger surface mating area?

I haven't used jb weld much but I don't think jb welding the inside of the port is a smart idea... Or will it hold up? I am afraid of sucking a huge chunk of it into the engine.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated cuz I am kind of at a standstill on this.

Reactions: fasteddy

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Has anyone else dealt with the" LD-100" 50 mm "100" cc aftermarket cylinder

I recently got one of these and I can't seem to find anything that matches or even comes close to matching the exhaust port.

The carb hole is about the same as normal but the exhaust port is huge but not as big as the BT cylinder which is round and the LD PORT is more oval.

I've reamed out a stock c.g. exhaust pipe to as wide as I dare but still it's not even close to matching the exhaust port.

The sidewall of the exhaust port are thin. Like 3.2 mm so there's not alot of surface area for the flange to make a good seal.

Would it be possible to use jb weld to build up the area around the outside of the port for a bigger surface mating area?

I haven't used jb weld much but I don't think jb welding the inside of the port is a smart idea... Or will it hold up? I am afraid of sucking a huge chunk of it into the engine.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated cuz I am kind of at a standstill on this.
Yeah the description of the LD 100 kit says the ports are different than a normal 80cc
But the LD 100 kit does come with an exhaust pipe that fits

Wevil Kenevil

Mar 4, 2022
Sack a tomatoes California
Oh, I just got the cylinder and piston, wrist pin , needle bearings and c clips conversion kit. I guess I will have to search until I find one so I can see the difference.

Thanks Wrench. You are a storehouse of knowledge sir!

Reactions: fasteddy