Testing and Intro ll LennyHarp

GoldenMotor.com

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
This is a friend Brad who was brave enough to ride my first set of forks. I formerly just built the frames and bought the forks. I am more cautious than Brad, I wonder why he could not keep a set of forks straight?

This is me in about 1990 riding a single speed mountain bike in a race just south of Flagstaff AZ. My son also rode and was only 8 years old. He has never had a problem with bikes as he started on a Schwinn Pixie at 2 1/2 years old. I modified it to fit a little guy. This kind of racing is one reason I can still pedal 150 cadence / minute.

This is also about 1990 with a trailer I had at a emergency preparedness picknick. I like to be self sufficient and prepared for anything. I need to build myself another trailer.

About May of 1985 not quite 100 miles into the 325 mile Arizona Challenge 24 hour bike race. I would finish pretty well in 23 hrs 15 min. 2 years previously I had barely finished in 23 / 45. In between I suported Jon Royer and he finished in 17 hrs 45 minutes or 18 hrs in 3rd place. I forget but There were 3 teams finishing under 18 hours that year. One was the Tandem pair of Pete Pensyres and Rob Templin and they barely beat my good friend Jim Elliott the first man to ride a bicycle over 500 miles in 24 hours.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
And lastly is a lot more of me in 2008 after 15 years of little or no bike riding. I'll have to do this photo again soon as I think I lost a few pounds riding 1200 miles in my first 9 weeks as a Motorized Bike Rider. If I make crazy claims They just may be true. I do love my bikes and have bike commuted since 1973.