Super cdi not working

GoldenMotor.com

Jett40

Aug 21, 2021
Macomb mi
Purchased super cdi from gasbike and it’s not producing spark, I would like to bench check it, any advise would help. Thank you John

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Purchased super cdi from gasbike and it’s not producing spark, I would like to bench check it, any advise would help. Thank you John
IDK how to bench test a CDI. But...

I always check a CDI against another working new CDI. I bought a few new CDIs a while back.
When I got my new CDIs I tested each one on the bike to make sure they were good.
It's not uncommon to get a defective CDI from China

If I ever have a no spark situation I just try a new CDI
If I still have no spark I know it's not the CDI.

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
To bench check a cdi you require a multimeter and st it on ohms. I just got a super cdi and being an ex motorcycle mechanic among other trades first thing I do is check electrical components I purchase. Connect meter between red and black wire. No resistance= no good.... BTW mine came with ground wire solder joint to ground pin broken, had to resolder

Jett40

Aug 21, 2021
Macomb mi
To bench check a cdi you require a multimeter and st it on ohms. I just got a super cdi and being an ex motorcycle mechanic among other trades first thing I do is check electrical components I purchase. Connect meter between red and black wire. No resistance= no good.... BTW mine came with ground wire solder joint to ground pin broken, had to resolder

Attachments

Reactions: Testname111

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Oh crap sorry man I for some reason was thinking magneto lol. Well if no spark no work.sorry for misunderstanding. I have spare regular cdi's I am selling cheap if you are stuck.