Suggestions for a new affordable and reliable 2 stroke engine kit?

GoldenMotor.com

DJDeSio77

Jun 10, 2020
Rhode Island
Hey all,
Second time posting here. Had a seutek (sp?) Cheap Chinese bike motor from Amazon on my mountain bike for a solid year. Probably put 800-1000 miles on it running on 40:1 mix wide open throttle most of the time. Over the weekend while camping it seized up on me. Pulled the jug off and found that one of the piston rings cracked fell into the intake and then bounced around in the head smashing and scoring things up before making its way to the bottom end of the engine and seizing it up completely. Im looking for suggestions on fast high rpm decently reliable bike motor brands for somewhere around 200$ or less. Also has anyone else had rings crack and cause damage like this?

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I now see them on wish for under a hundred with shipping. Got one on amazon for $110 delivered a month ago. Should be easy to find.

bonefish

May 7, 2018
$110 is alot of money for a boat anchor. Because that is all china girls are worth after they bite the dust after a couple of months. Get a Honda. You will thank me.

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Haha. To each his own. I think the key word is affordable and that doesn’t belong in the same sentence with “Honda”.

bonefish

May 7, 2018
A Honda is very affordable considering it will outlast china girls 5 to 1. So you will have to buy 5 china girls to make them last as long as 1 Honda GX50. Your choice $110 x 5 = $550 or $300 x 1 = $300. Do the math. The. Honda is the affordable choice.

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
I don’t think he was reading what you wrote. I find the china girl engine’s quite reliable and you are all set now with spare parts for a new one install should only take you about 20 minutes. Only thing you may want to do is run a little more oil in your mixture, Mine is actually faster with a 16 to one mix than with a 20 to one.

Reactions: DJDeSio77

DJDeSio77

Jun 10, 2020
Rhode Island
I don’t think he was reading what you wrote. I find the china girl engine’s quite reliable and you are all set now with spare parts for a new one install should only take you about 20 minutes. Only thing you may want to do is run a little more oil in your mixture, Mine is actually faster with a 16 to one mix than with a 20 to one.
Your bike looks great. I ended up purchasing the GT5 engine from Gasbike.net it has an aftermarket head for better cooling. But still has the original carb with the black air filter housing. What carb is that in your build? Looks like it is different from the original carb?

Larry Trotter

Nov 26, 2017
Mine is just stock. Probably not much to gain with a different carb unless you have done more mods to the engine. I am sure you will be happy with what you bought. My only mod on mine is suspension forks from a scrap bike. That did really make a huge difference in the comfort of the ride.

bonefish

May 7, 2018
Is the Honda a 2 stroke though?
Why are you stuck on it being a two stroke? If you are, get a Zenoah then. Just trying to save you some headaches. I have had 2 china girls before. My hands are cleaner and my hair isn't falling out as bad as soon as I wisened up and got better engines.

DJDeSio77

Jun 10, 2020
Rhode Island
Why are you stuck on it being a two stroke? If you are, get a Zenoah then. Just trying to save you some headaches. I have had 2 china girls before. My hands are cleaner and my hair isn't falling out as bad as soon as I wisened up and got better engines.
I know 2 strokes well. Plan on porting and playing with them. I like the idea of a cheap 2 stroke that I can mess with and experiment on. Part of the fun of building these bike kits is the regular maintenance and tuning for me. I find 2 strokes to be powerful for their weight and have a higher top speed. Just a preference I guess. Where can I get zenoah? I already bought another Chinese 2 stroke but wouldn't mind picking something up thats a little more reliable too for a build I plan on doing over the winter.

Reactions: carburetor al

bonefish

May 7, 2018
Staton-Inc.com sells them or Daves Discount Motors.....