Starts, runs for a bit then dies... won't start again.

GoldenMotor.com

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
Now that I finally got it started, it runs for a few minutes having to apply throttle entire time, but when I come to a stop it dies and won't restart. When I squeeze the clutch it wants to die. whats going on?

Reactions: Jason Monks

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
i opened it a little to start then opened it up as I was riding, seemed to get it to run smoother. but after i stopped and it died i tried different positions with no luck. what are the proper positions. cold start, running, warn start etc..?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
except for a cold hard rain or snow on the ground, the choke isn't really needed once the motor has been started a few times since new

if the idle screw won't get you an idle, then usually, either you're too rich or the clutch is dragging a bit

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
well, not exactly i could let off and it would rev down, but i was i was nervous about it stalling out so I kept on the throttle.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
i think crassius might be rite,go to top of this page,find the search bar,type in clutch adjustment.theres are alot of people on this site with more know how than me.one thing though,start with the simple stuff first!