Start bike without pedalling?

GoldenMotor.com

Judebox

Nov 13, 2019
My bikes pedalling chain is broken. Ive ordered a replacement but it wont be here for about a week, in the meantime is there anyway I can start my bike without a chain on it?

kaneto

Jun 6, 2016
Bulgaria
My bikes pedalling chain is broken. Ive ordered a replacement but it wont be here for about a week, in the meantime is there anyway I can start my bike without a chain on it?
You can try by pushing it but I never had to try it. Get on the bike and with the clutch pressed use your legs to get some speed and then release the clutch while still pushing with your legs. You need te be sitting on the seat tho or the wheel will just slide instead of roll when you release the clutch.

Judebox

Nov 13, 2019
You can try by pushing it but I never had to try it. Get on the bike and with the clutch pressed use your legs to get some speed and then release the clutch while still pushing with your legs. You need te be sitting on the seat tho or the wheel will just slide instead of roll when you release the clutch.
Thanks, I gave it a try there and I cant get it to start, the last few times i tries its starting to make a squeaking noise actually.

Judebox

Nov 13, 2019
I put some oil in the clutch case so i guess some got on the pads, should I open it up and wipe it off or just leave it

kaneto

Jun 6, 2016
Bulgaria
I put some oil in the clutch case so i guess some got on the pads, should I open it up and wipe it off or just leave it
There should be no oil in the clutch,just grease on the gears. At least drain and whipe off whatever you can whithout disassembling the clutch. After you change the pedal chain if it still slips too much you may need to disassemble the clutch and degrease both the pads and everything they are in contact with.

Judebox

Nov 13, 2019
There should be no oil in the clutch,just grease on the gears. At least drain and whipe off whatever you can whithout disassembling the clutch. After you change the pedal chain if it still slips too much you may need to disassemble the clutch and degrease both the pads and everything they are in contact with.
Ok, ill get on that. thanks for the help