Sputtering and dying

GoldenMotor.com

balthazarshell

Aug 6, 2020
I have had my 66cc 2 stroke bike for a month or so dodging in and out of problems but this one has stumped me, the other day when I was riding my bike I realized that if I left to idle for long (at a stop sign or whatever) it would die unless I continually revved it. Naturally I adjusted the idle but it kept dying, even with the idle all the way up. I checked for ail leaks and found none so I took apart my carburetor and cleaned everything and put it back together with extreme care to put everything back right. Upon reinstallation when I tried to start the engine it starts to sputter as if to start but dies. I tried pulling the clutch when it started sputtering and revving it to life but it died every time.
Any Ideas? keep in mind that this bike has been knocked arould a little bit. thank you in advance for your input.

Last edited:

Gerard jones

Aug 25, 2020
I have had my 66cc 2 stroke bike for a month or so dodging in and out of problems but this one has stumped me, the other day when I was riding my bike I realized that if I left to idle for long (at a stop sign or whatever) it would die unless I continually revved it. Naturally I adjusted the idle but it kept dying, even with the idle all the way up. I checked for ail leaks and found none so I took apart my carburetor and cleaned everything and put it back together with extreme care to put everything back right. Upon reinstallation when I tried to start the engine it starts to sputter as if to start but dies. I tried pulling the clutch when it started sputtering and revving it to life but it died every time.
Any Ideas? keep in mind that this bike has been knocked arould a little bit. thank you in advance for your input.

When cleaning the carb did you run wire through the jets?
At this point , if you can't keep it running I'd say its not getting fuel,
they can run if slobbering rich but can't run if theres no fuel.