Soylent green car generator exercycle!!

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Soylent green car generator exercycle!! Need I say more? I was thinking of a front wheel mount or rear and hooking up a generator/alternator to the bike while riding. I would never run something like that inside and would have a belt run bench system in the garage for home use.. Perhaps one from a geo or other small car would fit on the mounting rack of a friction drive.. This is not for a stationary but to perhaps charge an electric hub or battery or for power stereo system. Whatever.. I just thought I should throw this out there for someone to pick at.

.fly

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just recently I saw a feature on the news about a guy who rigged up an automotive alternator to an exercycle and wired it up to a television. Whenever his kids wanted to watch TV they had to get on the exercise bike and pedal to produce power for the tele. That way they weren't sitting there, getting fat but were burning off the calories while they watched the tube. Neat idea...if you aren't one of his kids.
Tom

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Just recently I saw a feature on the news about a guy who rigged up an automotive alternator to an exercycle and wired it up to a television. Whenever his kids wanted to watch TV they had to get on the exercise bike and pedal to produce power for the tele. That way they weren't sitting there, getting fat but were burning off the calories while they watched the tube. Neat idea...if you aren't one of his kids.
Tom
I saw that one too! I thought it was funny as ****. It might have made it to youtube. I saw some belt friction Exercycle's today. I like the chain drive ones but imagine almost any would work.