Some help with centrifugal clutch install

GoldenMotor.com

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
I checked out the 3 piece you posted, I see that only 1 sprocket comes with the crank, what about my other 2 rings?
The 1 piece is sold out. :(

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Yeah honestly I have no idea. What I would like to know, on those extra long brackets, how far do the chainrings sit. This is the part of the install that I'm stuck at too. I don't know what to get.

Im thinking of getting the three piece wide crank. Im converting my bike to a single speed anyway, to get rid of the clunky derailleurs.

I have my bike down to this. Going to remove the bottom bracket and go to painting it.

Well actually I just ordered the 3 piece wide crank kit. Should be here 3-5 days. Ill let you know what happens

Attachments

Last edited:

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Oh maybe its just the picture, its a regular 26 inch mountain bike. Really good size for everything.
Thats another picture, with big air filter for my old NT carb. So its pretty good size frame

Attachments

Last edited:

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
What size is the frame 19 inch? Yeah that bike is a perfect size for the engine. Plenty of clearance, I like the front fork suspension and the air filter looks sweet! I have no doubt this is going to be one awesome bike when you're done with it. Today I took my bike for a night cruise, I mostly ride at night when most joggers are not out since I like to ride on sidewalks. My bro in law and I rode 11 miles today and had a blast! I'm really enjoying my new CC, I don't have to worry about putting in neutral when I see potential danger ahead. Now I need to figure out a way to make my exhaust quieter.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
That frame looks kinda small, what size is it? Yeah let us know how it turns out on the cranks.
Kinda small? That frame is BIG compared to the small and tight 24 inch frames that I have been shoving engines into! On many, I have to get rid of the front derailleur completely to make 'em fit!

Pucksterpete

Nov 7, 2008
France
Ok, so I took some pictures of what rohmel was talking about, because ive figured it out. Ive also taken a video of how it rides. However I have to go right now, but as soon as I have time today hopefully in a couple of hours I will upload
Any luck on uploading the video of the bike running with the CC installed?

tnx

Pete

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Processing the video right now through the program to remove shakiness, then will upload to youtube.

Ok, youtube is processing it. Its uploaded. After its done, ill post a link. It won't be a public video, so you'll have to have a link to see it that I will provide.

Last edited:

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
No problem. After I finish the bike completely, Ill make more videos explaining more things.

Hey vincent, hows your clutch doing? Still have the vibrations? Did you decide what you want to do about the cranks?

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Nice video geoldr, my clutch is working great, I took a 11 mile cruise last night and had a blast! Your clutch is definitely too far out, just grind the inside of the CC just a tad and it should go all the way in the taper. As far as the vibration it's not unbearable, it's just a little more than what it was before the CC. This weekend I am going to get better engine studs and nuts to replace my stock ones. As far as my cranks, keep in mind that I do use my bike to pedal for exercising purpose with my wife. I bent back the right side crank a little bit just so I have about 3cm of clearance. It feels a little less weird now and I'm OK with it. I was waiting to hear your reports on the wide 3 piece crank you ordered. If it works well for you I might get it. Here's a current pic of my bike. http://motorbicycling.com/attachments/f34/40608d1317341342t-jerky-clutch-img_20110828_183912.jpg

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Oh ok sounds good. You should look into getting the SBP engine hardware kit.

Sick Bike Parts

This is a very recommended upgrade to anybody who even just got the motor. Or if you can find the parts in a hardware store near you thats good too.

My crank kit was shipped out a couple hours ago according to their website.

Do you have any bigger pictures of the bike?

Last edited:

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
The hardware kit is $10 plus $6 = $16. Would it be cheaper if I buy it from the hardware? As for the pic, when I upload it said I've already uploaded this pic on another thread already. So what do I do?

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Well the hardware store will let you choose what you want to replace, but they might not have the right lengths and what not. If you get the SBP kit, just make sure you put everything on right. Like the intake and exhaust so that you don't have any air leaks.

I had a big leak in the cylinder head because when I took it off to explore around, I didn't torque it right. I ended up getting the head kit as well to replace the crappy acorn nuts, and using a high temp sealant to fix it up right. It's not as clean looking because I'm not very good with the sealant, but it works!

But anyways, the toughest part for me to find those pieces in a hardware store were the studs. I found intake & exhaust, but they've got these spacers in the middle. Idk, you should look around, and see what fits you best.

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Regarding the hardware kits, I really only need the studs and nuts for the front and rear motor mount. All my other bolts and nuts seems to be ok, I actually like the acorn head nuts, they look cool on the engine.