Sluggish / Stahling 4 Stroke 79.4cc Phantom Rover

GoldenMotor.com

dbozem01

Apr 27, 2021
Phatmoto Rover - Received / Assembled yesterday.

Oil is filled to the proper level (10W30), fresh gasoline. Choke on, fuel line open, switch on and the engine starts easily. About 1 minute in, I shut off the choke.

It idles well and after warming up for several minutes, I took the bike for a short ride.

It has very poor / sluggish acceleration and at higher throttle levels, it bogs down and wants to stahl as if it is starved for fuel. Backing off on the throttle will allow the bike to continue. Yet, very sluggish. Maximum speed is 10 miles per hour and running rough / coughing / sputtering. No backfiring.

I checked the air filter, fuel filter, and removes the fuel line to check that the fuel was flowing freely.

I also checked the spark plug and it is properly gapped. The electrical connections are good.

Movement of the throttle handle results in free and easy movement at the carburetor.

The cable is properly seated and secured.

Please advise.

jeffreykogan

Mar 1, 2021
Phatmoto Rover - Received / Assembled yesterday.

Oil is filled to the proper level (10W30), fresh gasoline. Choke on, fuel line open, switch on and the engine starts easily. About 1 minute in, I shut off the choke.

It idles well and after warming up for several minutes, I took the bike for a short ride.

It has very poor / sluggish acceleration and at higher throttle levels, it bogs down and wants to stahl as if it is starved for fuel. Backing off on the throttle will allow the bike to continue. Yet, very sluggish. Maximum speed is 10 miles per hour and running rough / coughing / sputtering. No backfiring.

I checked the air filter, fuel filter, and removes the fuel line to check that the fuel was flowing freely.

I also checked the spark plug and it is properly gapped. The electrical connections are good.

Movement of the throttle handle results in free and easy movement at the carburetor.

The cable is properly seated and secured.

Please advise.
what color was the spark plug when you removed it?
Spark plug color chart.jpg

dbozem01

Apr 27, 2021
what color was the spark plug when you removed it?
View attachment 107021
Black / slightly wet. I found / resolved the issue. Turns out that its a manufacturing issue. I pulled the filter cover / filter this morning. Manipulated the throttle control on the handle and noticed that I could not see any butterfly movement.

Checked the cover again. The choke "on", position, is actually closed. The "closed" position is actually "open".

Runs great and has plenty of power. I will notify Gasbikes of this. It will happen to others. Thanks for the quick response. All is well that ends well!