Site Suggestion

GoldenMotor.com

benuntu

Jul 7, 2008
Chico, CA
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but how about adding a "My Replies" button under the "welcome, <username>" message? This feature is listed in the Quick Links menu, and it is called "Subscribed Threads". The code to implement this would be:

http://motorbicycling.com/search.php?do=process&showposts=0&exactname=1&searchuser=<username>

Where <username> is the user login name. I visit another forum for home brewing beer HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community. that has a button like this. It's very helpful to see if anyone has replied to your threads, or threads you are interested in.

Peace,
ben

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am not sure what you are asking. to subscribe to a thread is pretty easy. when you subscribe it will send you an email each time someone replies on the thread. to do this before you hit submit you go down further and their is a place that says thread subscription then their is a pull down of choices on how to let you know it was replied to like instant email notice or weekly email notice etc.

benuntu

Jul 7, 2008
Chico, CA
It's not the actual subscribing that I'm after, just an easier way to get to my subscribed threads. Right now it's in a menu, but it would be helpful to have a link.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
up on top of the forum where the picture of the bike and the motor bicycling logo is one of the options is quick links. click on that and then you can go to suscribed threads and many other places

bamabikeguy

Jun 28, 2008
Holly Pond, AL
picasaweb.google.com
I think ads would be better staying on left

Noticed that you are trying to balance the page, but on my screen anyway, sometimes the right ads are Not Visible (like right now), sometimes they are cut in half vertically, sometimes they are fully there....but it squeezes the forum topics, and you have a lot of dead green space on both sides once you get past the top, where the ads are.

Just my take on it, but it is more visibly appealing to keep the green area on one side rather than both.

In fairness, you could juggle the sponsors weekly/monthly, so everybody can get a shot at top of the column.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
lol. i rotate the sponsers the first of each month. i would rather keep the site clean but with server costs and everything else i have done i am just trying to break even for now. i am still debating on colums both sides and trying it for a while. i removed the top banner which i didnt like at all and replaced it with the side ones