Shaving Brake Pads

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Don't shave, grind, or cut the little knobs off of your rim brake pads. You will only shorten the life of them. You will NOT gain extra stopping power. The little knobs help disapate water when it's wet. rotfl Heard this at Home Depot.
Don't spray Armor All on your saddle, or tires, or pedals. It will get you hurt.
I heard this from three very young gentlemen today. 9-10 yrs old tops. I managed to keep from laughin, long enough to pay for my stuff and leave. (c)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
A couple of years ago I watched a 2 ton flatbed truck (restored and hot rodded) rear end a $40,000.00 32 Ford coupe. Totaled that 5 window. Cause:
The truck owner put ArmorAll on his pedals and his foot slipped off the brake while they were waiting in line to exit a car show. I've never put ANYTHING on my pedals since; hot rod, daily driver car or bike.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
A couple of years ago I watched a 2 ton flatbed truck (restored and hot rodded) rear end a $40,000.00 32 Ford coupe. Totaled that 5 window. Cause:
The truck owner put ArmorAll on his pedals and his foot slipped off the brake while they were waiting in line to exit a car show. I've never put ANYTHING on my pedals since; hot rod, daily driver car or bike.
Brilliant.