Schwinn "Point Beach" Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Brvnkaerv

Aug 11, 2009
Tampa Fla.
I bought my Schwinn Del-mar at Wall mart for 58 bucks after being marked down from 114 bucks. A couple of weeks later I saw three of those red Schwinn point beach bikes for sale at 50 bucks each. I should have bought all three. Now they are gone. alas. Brvnkaerv

tsmra

Aug 22, 2009
Berks Co. Pa.
I bought my Schwinn Del-mar at Wall mart for 58 bucks after being marked down from 114 bucks. A couple of weeks later I saw three of those red Schwinn point beach bikes for sale at 50 bucks each. I should have bought all three. Now they are gone. alas. Brvnkaerv
I wonder if they were just getting rid of them at in your local Wally Mart. They are still in one of the stores near me at full price as well as on the Wally Mart web site

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
GAWD !.....I have to hate that !.....corporate Walmart.........

Laters,
Saltybrnot

Last edited by a moderator:

olgraybeard

Sep 4, 2009
Eatonville, Wa
point beach $159 Walmart.com: 26" Men's Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser Bike: Bikes, Scooters & Skates schwinnn landmark $119 Walmart.com: 26" Schwinn Landmark Men's Cruiser Bike: Bikes, Scooters & Skates I think I like the looks of landmark better, landmark weigh 10 pounds more but it has a steel frame. then theres the 26" Ocean Pacific Men's Beach Cruiser aluminum frame $109 single speed coaster brakes Walmart.com: 26" Ocean Pacific Men's Beach Cruiser: Bikes, Scooters & Skates and for $89 26" Ocean Pacific Men's Beach Cruiser steel frame cruser brakes single speed Walmart.com: 26" Men's Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser Bike, Champagne: Bikes, Scooters & Skates

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
Hot Wheels,
Nice Mufflers...where did you buy the fiberglass wrappings? and what is it called. Thanks
I got it at advanced auto parts. It's called header wrap. It's not to cheap at 34.00 a roll, but it works great and the roll covered three exhausts. Hope that helps..fly

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
heat wrap works very well...I can ride my bike for hours and still touch the pipe (^)
I have put it on allmy bikes since one of the girls burned her leg a couple of years ago :(

fattboy

Jan 14, 2010
Los Angeles County
As a matter of fact i'm putting my old girl up on Craigslist.
Motoschwinn - I love your paint job on the gas tank. Did you have to match the paint or did you get lucky with a rattle can color that was close. I have a Point Beach cruiser and would love to paint the tank to match the color of the bike like yours. Thanks.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I got lucky with a rattle can, research old posts and it will give you the info, it was testors paint. I painted the bottom of the tank white, as there was just a slight difference in the red and I wanted to separate that from the frame. I do remember that I had to order the paint, as I couldn't find it locally. Send me a PM if you need more help.

fattboy

Jan 14, 2010
Los Angeles County
I got lucky with a rattle can, research old posts and it will give you the info, it was testors paint. I painted the bottom of the tank white, as there was just a slight difference in the red and I wanted to separate that from the frame. I do remember that I had to order the paint, as I couldn't find it locally. Send me a PM if you need more help.
Thanks. I'll search the old posts and PM you if I have any other questions. I appreciate your help.

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
I think it was Testors 1629, I know where the can is as there is still enough for one more tank, I'll get back to you later in the week. I have to dig it out. *update* I found my old post at the other site. I do remember you have to be really careful with fuel, it will raise the paint until it's fully cured. Here is a pic outside, think it looks nice with the poo poo pipe too? It is 1629 I just checked my old posts. BIG help on these motors is a good plug wire and cap, and the SBP airfilter.

Attachments

Last edited:

fattboy

Jan 14, 2010
Los Angeles County
I think it was Testors 1629, I know where the can is as there is still enough for one more tank, I'll get back to you later in the week. I have to dig it out. *update* I found my old post at the other site. I do remember you have to be really careful with fuel, it will raise the paint until it's fully cured. Here is a pic outside, think it looks nice with the poo poo pipe too? It is 1629 I just checked my old posts. BIG help on these motors is a good plug wire and cap, and the SBP airfilter.
Thanks again, Motoschwinn!