Schwin Occ Bike exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

31ccchopper

Nov 7, 2009
ky
Well the occ bike came along well i just need a quiet pipe for it its too loud for neighborhood riding. plus im not 16 yet so im not suppose to ride a moped in nc. im 14. Anyone on here have any ideas?? I took the old pipe cut it up and used some conduct tubing and some connectors and made a okay pipe but its way too loud. i dont have a welder eather. anyone on hear make pipes ill pay about 60 bucks for one?? Jonathan heres the bike tellme what ya think!

onefast68

Jan 25, 2010
texas
seen your videos on you tube..you did a good job on them and the bike..i am starting on my build this weekend and bought a barry pipe from ebay but i live in the country..i think he makes a quiet pipe as well

31ccchopper

Nov 7, 2009
ky
Well it not 31cc its 80cc. my videos are on youtube serch jonathandirtbiker in the serch on youtube. How do i upload a whole pic of my bike when i go to upload the pic they tell me to shrink it???

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
the fuel tanks are on e-bay sometimes and if i remember right, they are fiberglass.
the flames are vinyl decals.

your engine isn't an 80 c.c., it's a 66 c.c......no one makes a true 80c.c. china 2 stroke for a bicycle.

if your exhaust is too loud you must have major leaks somewhere because you have a stock, un-gutted muffler.
it should be as quiet as a stock pipe and muffler.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
dragray

Agree with you on the non 80cc motor.

Do have a "Pegas" gas tank, they are steel, you can see the welded on tab under the front of the seat. $25. + $15 SH. Wish I had bought more, don`t think there will ever be more of them.

Ron

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
the fuel tanks are on e-bay sometimes and if i remember right, they are fiberglass.
the flames are vinyl decals.

your engine isn't an 80 c.c., it's a 66 c.c......no one makes a true 80c.c. china 2 stroke for a bicycle.

if your exhaust is too loud you must have major leaks somewhere because you have a stock, un-gutted muffler.
it should be as quiet as a stock pipe and muffler.
Sometimes stock is too loud :) If you have a hardware store like ACE around they carry Briggs-type mufflers. You can find the parts in plumbing to connect the 2 mufflers together. I'd add a 45 degree bend to point it more towards the back instead of up but that's all and for a lot less than $60 ;) The parts are far enough away from the high heat so soldering would work and slotting the tubing and using a band clamp to hold the Briggs muffler and copper pipes to the stock unit. sick bike parts just drills a hole and uses a cotter key to hold the muffler on.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
Sometimes stock is too loud :) If you have a hardware store like ACE around they carry Briggs-type mufflers. You can find the parts in plumbing to connect the 2 mufflers together. I'd add a 45 degree bend to point it more towards the back instead of up but that's all and for a lot less than $60 ;) The parts are far enough away from the high heat so soldering would work and slotting the tubing and using a band clamp to hold the Briggs muffler and copper pipes to the stock unit. sick bike parts just drills a hole and uses a cotter key to hold the muffler on.
a stock muffler too loud?
wow....maybe you don't need an engine on your bike then if a stock muffler is too loud.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
A Briggs muffler or any lawnmower type muffler will be louder than the muffler that came with the engine. both of my bikes are louder than stock because I'm running modified stock mufflers on both of them. one has an expansion chamber & the other has a long pipe that I built.
I'm glad I don't have to worry about noise!

that's interesting, I'm in a similar situation. I live in North Carolina (it says in top right) and am 14. I've been looking at making a muffler for my bike that is quieter than stock without sacrificing much power and I think i will be making an extension similar to yours with both the stock and a Briggs can style muffler as a silencer. if your serious about buying one i might be able to sell one for less than 60$ i'm thinking more like 20-30+s/h, but it may take me awhile to complete.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i just want to know how loud it would be i was running the old EPA muffler without the end cap i had to crush it to make it fit and the end cap didnt fit so i made one and it fell off then i ran it that way for a while now i have the nice none EPA crome one but i want a long exhaust

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
a stock muffler too loud?
wow....maybe you don't need an engine on your bike then if a stock muffler is too loud.
Dude, did you even read the first post? Wasn't talking to you. Besides, I NEVER ran the stock exhaust, I had a sick bike parts expansion chamber AND briggs muffler from the time I first lit it off. Quiet enough to keep the cops off of me and I was happy about that. You want to run around with a blown-out muffler it's up to you, I was addressing the OP's question where he wanted to know how to make it quieter.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
Dude, did you even read the first post? Wasn't talking to you. Besides, I NEVER ran the stock exhaust, I had a sick bike parts expansion chamber AND briggs muffler from the time I first lit it off. Quiet enough to keep the cops off of me and I was happy about that. You want to run around with a blown-out muffler it's up to you, I was addressing the OP's question where he wanted to know how to make it quieter.

yes, i read the first post...he has a stock muffler with the baffle and end cap on it.
but then you said "sometimes stock is too loud".
I don't care if you were talking to me or not...I can state my opinion on what people write.

nope, none of my bikes have blown out mufflers.
they both have baffles in the exhaust that I modified for better flow, not to make more noise. one has an expansion chamber and the other has a long pipe that i built.
like i said, both of my bikes are SLIGHTLY louder than stock, but they run and sound 10 times better than stock.
I'm not a butcher like some people are...I know how to fabricate things correctly AND make them look good.
you have no idea of the kind of work i do....so don't assume that i'm working on my bikes with a sledge hammer, vise grips and a hacksaw!

have a look, and a listen to my bikes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3b_RxFv0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry-Sjb_HQao

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Get the long poo pipe, it made my HT run really torquey and sound nice and smooth like a Zuma scooter. It's got an expansion chamber and baffle inside. You have to bend it slightly to fit an OCC but it's simple with blocks of hardwood and a vice.

The only complaints that I have are that the gasket for the pipe fitting is junk, replace it with an aluminum crush washer, and the flange for the fitting nut is welded and broke off, it would be worth welding the thing all around and then re-grinding a flat flange that won't break off.

I'll be reusing mine on my OCC with Morini clone, cut halfway to mate to a KTM expansion chamber. Instead of having baffles inside, I'll be putting the cat converter from my broken black cat pipe inside and holding the ends together with all-thread and sealed with copper silicone. It sucks to arrive and smell like a lawnmower, the cat really helps, and I want to keep the bike quiet to avoid BS.