saddlebags?

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
A motorbike isn't too practical if it can't carry repair tools/parts and a payload from the store. I was considering some pretty nice canvas bags 11X 14 X 6" and considered what I could form to keep them rectangular. The thought came to me, "Why bother?" These things aren't really too streamlined anyhow and basically utility vehicles. Has anybody ever mounted 30 or 50 cal. surplus ammo boxes? They make practical sense. They are weather tight, can be made lockable, and can mount to the sides of a carrier with proper J-bolts securely. If hooks are added and the boxes level with the top of the carrier, an elastic cargo net could greatly expand the carrying capacity. On the negative side they look like crap and stuff will rattle and come apart unless rags or foam are packed. :bike2: Keith (trackfodder) Williams

Last edited:

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
If any of you are considering ammo boxes for saddlebags, ATWOODS has 50 cal. boxes on sale for $2.99 marked down from $3.99 KW

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
If any of you are considering ammo boxes for saddlebags, ATWOODS has 50 cal. boxes on sale for $2.99 marked down from $3.99 KW
The local GI Surplus has them for $5.99. 30 cal for $3.99. While I was there I came across these . . .

Ted