Run to the beach first post

GoldenMotor.com

Is your China engine 49 cc 66 cc or 80 cc?

• A. 49 cc

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • B. 66 cc

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • C. 80 cc

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

MattK

Apr 7, 2018
Travelling to the beach and back on a bike with a China motor. 7th of April 2018 Sunnyside road.
Victoria.

Round trip 45km. 1.7l of fuel basically a full tank of fuel.

Cylinder head leaking after about 300 km running 20:1

Will remove clean and re toque tomorrow, hopefully this fixes the leak.

Will also try to establish engine volume as well.

Will also consider mods on inspection of Cylinder head.

Also considering a belt driven drive train. Engine sprocket and rear wheel - small belt will work?

Breaks need consideration as well.

Fuel economy about 4l/100km not real good! Not happy about this.

Australia really is very beautiful such a great day! So still.

Hope I'm posting in the right place I'm sure some smarty pance will let me know. Please comment if you wish. Like most people here, I'm learning quite a lot on-line and off-line so please be patient. Happy cycling.

Attachments

Reactions: Dan

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Excuse my skepticism- but unless something's changed in the past few years I haven't been here much or paying attention- 80cc motors are really actually 66 cc's in measurement, and 80cc is only just a really dumb and stupid marketing term to make you think you've got something bigger- when the hostile public will just think that even more so. I'm still waiting for a 33 to afterburner a vintage light diamond frame with a small 1 liter plastic tank, but never gonna happen, so electric is there kinda.

I've actually got both a 50cc and a 66 build, but cast a 49cc vote. Also a 500 watt 36v electric build and a 350w 36v project on the back burners, this time a Vintage Peugeot UO8 mixte frame to support the battery.