Registration

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I haven't been here in awhile, good to see you. How are you all dealing with registration? This is a California posting.
When I built and rode MB's I never bothered with it. I now have a 2012 SYM Symba beautiful Honda Cub bike. I just got my registration notice. DMV wants $132. in fees. This bike weighs 209 lbs. gets 100 mpg. is quiet, friendly can park anywhere, They should pay me to ride it.
This is more a rant than a question but when I see motorized bikes I never see a license plate . Symba is a motorcycle because it has foot pegs and a transmission. Or it's a scooter because it only has 100 cc's and leg shields. But whatever $132. come on man!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I haven't been here in awhile, good to see you. How are you all dealing with registration? This is a California posting.
When I built and rode MB's I never bothered with it. I now have a 2012 SYM Symba beautiful Honda Cub bike. I just got my registration notice. DMV wants $132. in fees. This bike weighs 209 lbs. gets 100 mpg. is quiet, friendly can park anywhere, They should pay me to ride it.
This is more a rant than a question but when I see motorized bikes I never see a license plate . Symba is a motorcycle because it has foot pegs and a transmission. Or it's a scooter because it only has 100 cc's and leg shields. But whatever $132. come on man!
Your Symba is a Motor Driven Cycle aka a Motorcycle under 150cc that is not allowed on the freeway.
A "scooter" in CA is a GoPed.
A scooter like a Vespa is also a Motor Driven Cycle and needs a M1 license.

A motorized bike license plate and ID is $21 LIFETIME or as long as you keep the bike
so I doubt if the DMV is making any money off that.
There are some cities in Socal that ticket for no motorized bike license plate.
All this info is online if you look.

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I know all of that except the $21. But thanks for the response. DMV says Symba is a motorcycle. I don't really care about any of that its registered and insured. I am a senior citizen not some kid riding the beach bike path. I just think $132. Is way out of line for a eco-friendly motor skeeter

Reactions: junglepig