Rear wheel help

GoldenMotor.com

lilchunkyboy

May 12, 2021
I have used the standard rim brake wheels for a while now and discovered they not very strong, and go out of Wack very easily especially with the rag joint, we’ll that’s just my experience. I have a much stronger giant rim, that had a disc on it but I took it off the threads of the bolts rounded out so I had to drill the heads out. I just wondering how I would mount it now. I have both rag joint and hub adapter, would a hub adapter work ? I’m guessing the hub adapter, I’m on holidays so I can’t see if it fits.
Pls help asap

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I have used the standard rim brake wheels for a while now and discovered they not very strong, and go out of Wack very easily especially with the rag joint, we’ll that’s just my experience. I have a much stronger giant rim, that had a disc on it but I took it off the threads of the bolts rounded out so I had to drill the heads out. I just wondering how I would mount it now. I have both rag joint and hub adapter, would a hub adapter work ? I’m guessing the hub adapter, I’m on holidays so I can’t see if it fits.
Pls help asap
First, you're going to have issues with staying true if you aren't using double walled rims.

Sounds like you didn't have a good allen wrench the correct size to remove the disc bolts and rounded the hex holes out. Therefore, you drilled out the bolt heads to remove the disc. Now, you need a small drill bit to drill a hole in the disc bolts for an easy out to remove the disc bolts. Then you'll have to get new disc bolts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom from Rubicon