READING THIS POST WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE!

GoldenMotor.com

Denis Zen

Mar 30, 2021
Riding up highway 101 at sunset
The feeling of flying on your bike is undeniably the greatest feeling in the world but the threat of being squashed, hit, ran over or killed is ALWAYS present.

The best and safest strategy to keep yourself and others from harms way is this... RIDE LIKE YOU ARE INVISIBLE TO EVERYONE AT ALL TIMES.

NEVER assume that anyone sees you even if they appear to be looking right at you. This is a strategy that the California Highway patrol motorcycle officers use and is most effective.

I even go as far as walking my bike across the street at major intersections and this seems to make the law very happy here in Sacramento where they are hot on anyone not observing vehical laws.

I hope this keeps everyone safe and sound.

Love yall!

Right on ride on!

Reactions: fasteddy

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
What will save your life is to learn good cycling skills. Watch all 3 parts of the video series. I still take this a steep futher.

I have daylight visible brake light and and front/rear signal lights. Sadly many motorist don't know what hand signals mean. A good headlight and taillight is a must for night riding.

I also use handlebar mirrors and helmet mirrors. The helmet mirrors allow me to see in the blind spots of the handlebar mirrors.

Last of all I have a duel volume alerting system. On the left handlebar is a pedestrian bell. On the right handlebar is a loud volume horn that can be heard in a closed compartment vehicle.

You'll be very surprised at how much you can learn from these 3 videos. I'd also add be aware from a distance you look like a pedal only bicycle. In a closed compartment vehicle with a radio playing they may not hear you either. Therefore, they don't realise how fast you're going and may pull out in front of you.

Be alert
Be aware
Be seen
Be predictable

Last edited: