Ran out of gas for the first time....

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by fall_down_stand_up, Nov 19, 2009.

1. fall_down_stand_up

fall_down_stand_up New Member

Change of plans,Just bought a Cranbrook today....I know I should have built it but decided not to....Now I have to order a heavyduty rim for the bike I bought and large front tube mount....
    John-John

2. Tcams

Tcams New Member

Nice..Cant wait to see what you do with it. When are you going to start building??

3. fall_down_stand_up

.shft.
    Probley start on my thanksgiving days off....Its a nice goldish color with the white fenders....Will have to put some extra hangers on them to keep them from falling off along with a ton of other things....I will post pics as the progress comes along....
    John-John

#23 fall_down_stand_up, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  4. Tcams

Tcams New Member

Sweet. You should save 20 bucks and make your own front mount. It took me a whole day to finally make but for my first build it holds pretty good. I used a small steel plate and a 2" ubolt.

5. george_n_texas

george_n_texas New Member

I would think one could just drill a couple of holes in a plain old fashioned muffler clamp.

6. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

Shhhhh..." tomorrow we'll put more gas back in the tank while he;s shopping"

7. fall_down_stand_up

Bought a muffler clamp yesterday and decided to just take a flat plate and make my own mount....

8. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

i rode 80 total miles today (half gallon peanut,) and about 5 miles from home, i checked my tank. had about 3 oz. left.

luckily i checked when i did, because the next 3 miles home is a straight shot through an industrial district, and the last 2 is residential. no gas stations at all.

so i putted about 1/2 mile outta my way, found a home depot for oil, and a shell next door. filled up, shook my bike around, and was on my way again.

so, i got about 70 miles to a half tank today. sounds like a lot, but it was almost all flat, and off shore wind in the morning, and onshore wind coming home, so at my back the whole way.