Rack-mount engine. Who/What/Where???

GoldenMotor.com

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
I've had an awful time trying to Google a site that has actual info about these rear mount engines, in terms of products available, specifications, illustrations etc. Gebe gets a bunch of unrelated sites, and Stanton seems to get everything except bicicle engines.....I want manufacture's details!!! And I want HIGH QUALITY AND DEPENDABILITY!!!!

The reason I'm interested, is that after the chengine died in more ways than one and I'll never ever get one of those again, combined with the pickup crashing into the bus destroying my pedal-bike up front and I may just be getting an insurance check for the lost bike (Could be about $500), I need to decide where to go from here.

I'm debating between a folding bike I can take on the bus, with electric drive maybe good for the 4 miles to home for $600....or a higher-than-chengine-quality rear mount engine ($500?) setup for my other mountain bike.

I'm leaning heavily towards the independence of gas-drive, and really want 4-stroke, and REALY REALLY don't want to get stranded again!!!!

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
Dax sells a 50cc 4-stroke kit...
Only thing about these is that the mounts to the frame seem incredibly "chengine-like", as if they had a bunch of cheesy clamp-type chain tensioners and figured they'd use them to mount an engine...but the price is better, but the quality seems lacking.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
TAKE A LOOK AT BIKEMOTORPARTS.COM MAYBE FIRST LOOK AT HIS VERY GOOD VIDEOS. JUST TYPE jb1970ny IN YOUR SEARCH ENGINE ( yahoo, google etc. ) a couple clicks and you will be on his you tube videos. time well spent, very clear and informative . parts & kit prices very good. i ordered part and had them in 3 days from NY TO FL. PD THRU PAYPAL. DON`T ORDER FROM VIZAN MOTORS . I PD $202 FOR MOTOR 6/6/08 AND IT ISN`T SHIPPED YET 6/24/08. THE 9 VIDEOS ARE A MUST SEE !! RON . POST WHAT YOU THINK AFTER YOU SEE THEM IF YOU WOULD.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i purchased a dax titan for my mountain bike and it was worth everypenny. its nice not having to do maintnence after every ride. i am thinking about changing the oil just so i can do something lol. honestly its a nice ride. very nice. i posted pictures and stuff about it in the picture area. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=1567

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Cruiser I Thinking I May Like To Try A Dax Kit Later, You All Seem To Like Dealing With Him.. Any Product Is Only As Good As The Service - In The Long Run ..i Looked Up Staton Gebe After My Last Post, Had Not Seen Their Video Before.. The Way Gas Prices Are Going, May Have A Shortage On Motor Bike Parts. And I Have Noticed Dax Responds To Questions Etc, Thats Cool. Later. Ron

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
its all about having fun. nothing wrong with saving some money while you are at it. i love this 4 stroke. i have been all over the island with it and now that i am not in michigan i can ride every day. my poor car just sits in the parking lot except when i go for groceries or something like that.

starrunner

May 12, 2008
vintageboatplans.com
Only thing about these is that the mounts to the frame seem incredibly "chengine-like", as if they had a bunch of cheesy clamp-type chain tensioners and figured they'd use them to mount an engine...but the price is better, but the quality seems lacking.
I thought Dax's mounts were a step above the Chinese stuff and you say they look China-like? Since he had to invent the entire mount and drive train himself, one could assume all the parts were American made. I figured if someone was going to say anything, it would be about the Chinese engine, not the mounts. If the Titan only had an engine like a Subaru or Mitsubisihi, he'd almost have the ultimate kit, at least for a rack-mount. But then, he doesn't even have any kits for sale anyway, so it's always something when it comes to these damn bike engines.