PZ 16mm caburetor

GoldenMotor.com

Duffman

Dec 29, 2018
I bought a Californiamotorbikes HP Wildcat 80. This engine came with 16mm unbranded carburetor. I want to rejet this carb but not sure where to look. I've reached out to Californiamotorbikes but haven't gotten a response back from them. Has anybody any ideas how to locate these Jets? If not does anybody no where I can adapters for the 18mm Mikuni that will work with my G2 reed assembly? Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: Tyler6357

carburetor al

Jun 14, 2020
I bought a Californiamotorbikes HP Wildcat 80. This engine came with 16mm unbranded carburetor. I want to rejet this carb but not sure where to look. I've reached out to Californiamotorbikes but haven't gotten a response back from them. Has anybody any ideas how to locate these Jets? If not does anybody no where I can adapters for the 18mm Mikuni that will work with my G2 reed assembly? Any help would be appreciated!
What is your reason for changing jets ? Is it rich , lean or some other issue.Before you change jets can you carefully tell me why ? It may be something else is causeing the motor not to operate properly..Why not remove a jet from the carb and examine it.If it looks like other jets you have,are the numbers stamped on the carb similar ? Jets you have may work.Still do not not change a jet until it looks like the carb is not right.

Duffman

Dec 29, 2018
Thanks carburetor Al for responding. I don't need to rejet yet but I ride all year round and know I'll have to rejet at some point due to the temperature drops. I also installed an MZ65 pipe and another fella said I may have to rejet because of the higher flow exhaust. I'm pretty new to these higher performance parts and have much to learn. The Jets in the carb have no markings whatsoever. I tried a jet from a keihin clone and the diameter was to big. I'll mike one to see exactly what size I have and do more research and see if I can find a match. I have another build and installed a 18mm Mikuni because the availability and quality of the Mikuni brand.

carburetor al

Jun 14, 2020
Thanks carburetor Al for responding. I don't need to rejet yet but I ride all year round and know I'll have to rejet at some point due to the temperature drops. I also installed an MZ65 pipe and another fella said I may have to rejet because of the higher flow exhaust. I'm pretty new to these higher performance parts and have much to learn. The Jets in the carb have no markings whatsoever. I tried a jet from a keihin clone and the diameter was to big. I'll mike one to see exactly what size I have and do more research and see if I can find a match. I have another build and installed a 18mm Mikuni because the availability and quality of the Mikuni brand.
There are only a few basic small carbs,keihn,mikuni,Dellorto and the chain saw ones.Try going on the net and entering the different carb names.If you click on image ,pictures of the carbs and jets will come up.Your jet and carb have to come up.A no name carb is only a copy of a well known carb. China copy's,not develops these parts, to keep costs low.So be patient and keep trying.I do not know much about the chain saw world, so you will have to do your search.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
I believe the jets are 5mm jets, the stock jet for most of these carbs is #70 even if it's not marked. Usually, a jet between #60-#70 will be the correct one.

Duffman

Dec 29, 2018
Thank you much Tyler6357. With the adapter I can install the Makuni on my other bike that has the G2 reed set up. I will eventually switch my newest build to the G2 reed as well.

Reactions: Tyler6357

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Thank you much Tyler6357. With the adapter I can install the Makuni on my other bike that has the G2 reed set up. I will eventually switch my newest build to the G2 reed as well.
I have the same set up on one of my bikes, I put the Makuni 18mm on and used a vacuum hose and claps to connect it. Here are pics:

PIC_3059.JPG PIC_3060.JPG

It ran awesome, then I saw that part and I got one, hooked it up and the bike won't start. I haven't spent the time needed to figure out what is wrong yet, it might just be leaking or something. Then I ran across this (see link) and ordered one, it arrived but I haven't put it on yet. I'm sure I can get it going without the vacuum hose, just got to spend some time on it.

Also, if you get it make sure you get the 23mm one, which looks like they are out of stock on.

Last edited: