push more engine

GoldenMotor.com

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
it would be really simple to use a push mwer i think if you mount it on a steel plate to make it able to be slide toward the tire from the side. when pulled toward the bike, and to move away from the tire when pushed away.

has anyone done this?

im pretty sure this may be a very simple build

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
someone has done it and there is a thread about it somewhere. I even saw a diagram I think. I just cant remember where right now. It was very recent to.

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
i was htiking of a verticle shaft engine actualy, like a push mower, mainly ecause i found my parents have 2 supposedly dead push mowers that are probably a sparkplug and cleaning from proper running order.

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
Ive gotta stop brainstorming, i may revolutionize our funtime. wow am i modest, buti just had a good idea, what about a sidecar motor. literaly motorize a third wheel off to the side, you could even disguise it to look like a makeshift basket.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Would be the same principle as the trailers that push the bike. Take a look on Utube I think I have seen a few there.

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
I am going to spend tomarrow in the shop, hopefully i will have pictures of whatever i end up building. possibly driving it home. (the shop in question is at my fathers house, but if it has everything i need to rebuild a scooter or weld 2 cars together im guessing there isnt a tool i need that isnt there(except a chain tool)

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
yeah its gonna bite em in the ass to have to build my diy to the chain instead of adjusting a chain to my diy lol. im kidding ill use a hammer and a nail punch.

I Am insane after all. plus im gonna look for something to stick in the square hole of my weed eater clutch. for a friction drive, and i also got the ok to use a push mower of my dads, so i have that aswell.

comfortableshoes

Jul 22, 2008
Beverly, MA USA
I tapped one of mine out to a 20 thread and used all thread to attach a few pieces and it worked worth a turd- the all thread sheared off after about 10 miles.

I'm not gentle with my bike, I figure it should take all the abuse I"d give the bike without the engine, which means I don't shy away too much from pot holes, I'm not bothered by lawns, grass and dirt... gravel doesn't doesn't scare me too much either. I suspect that when I sheared off the all thread it was because I insisted on hitting a speed bump at WOT.... lol about 13mph lol It sheared off about 1 mile later.

So whatever you shove in that square hole- make sure it's hardened!

I'd think if you were good with the welder you might be able to weld something onto it...
If you have the shaft look down near the bump head- there is often a nut that holds another piece of that drive shaft- it's like a reverse of the engine end- it's got a square hole inside a hard steel 3 inch or sho bolt loking thing with theads on the other end- this attaches to another piece that drives the bump head.

To get mine out of the craftsman shaft I had to:
remove the bump head and shield
remove the drive shaft- a 3 inche piece of aluminum or some other pot metal threaded onto the bolt witht he square hole-

Then to get that wonderful piece out I had to cut the shaft of the weedwacker just above the bearing, after that I was able to slide the bolt with the square shaft hole out of the whole assembly

IF you had access to a welder you could weld that onto the end of your ryobi drive shaft and use it to attach bmx pegs to your homelite...

You have to have steady hands though, get that off center and man you'd have one angry weed whacker... It'd get red hot and fry quick...

I attached a picture- the 2nd item from the left is what I'm talking about.

I bet if you had a carriage bolt you could cut the head off and use a die to cut a thread onto it and make something that could fit into the square hole

Attachments

Last edited:

Spikedfox

Sep 14, 2008
i wonder if i can use te orrigional weed eater cables head somehow ill look into it tomarrow so far its looking like im gonna use a hockey puck or an old caster wheel and the verticler motor