Problem with the Clutch

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by stewood, Sep 27, 2008.

1. stewood

stewood New Member

Everything was working fine, then all of a sudden my clutch will not engage.

I removed the housing from in front of the chain gear and looked at the pin that normaly engages the clutch. Try as I might I could not get it to push in. (even with the help of a rubber mallat).

When I look inside the hole I think I see a smaller pin, but I am not sure.

Can someone take a look at the pictures and give me some advice. I really don't want to break open the engine housing unless I have to.

Thanks!

-Stephen

Attached Files:

2. DragonB

DragonB New Member

im pretty sure your gonna have to take it apart, i cant see what the problem is just from those pics... besides, its a huge issue and needs to be resolved correctly for your own health! :)

3. misteright1_99

misteright1_99 New Member

In front of the rod is a ball bearing. Get a magnet to get it out. Shoot some grease in there, insert the ball, more grease then the rod, then more grease on the clutch arm, put it back together and retry. It is also a good idea to unscrew the clutch cable adjustment anchor and pump some grease in there. I use a grease hose with a needle to get it there.

4. stewood

stewood New Member

That did it. Thank you very much!

5. misteright1_99

misteright1_99 New Member

Happy to help, as many here, have helped me....