post a photo of your first Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

AussieSteve

Nov 26, 2009
Nowra, NSW, Australia
Re: post a photo of your first MB

Wow, all those questions. Have you tried searching?

Shift kits are worth the money, in my opinion, and available here, along with lots of info.
Speed depends on your weight, your gears, wind, slope, tuning, engine size, tyre pressures etc etc. (I only weigh 50kg, 110lbs)
I've hit 83kph on a long, gradual downhill.
More importantly, I can potter along at about walking pace in 1st, or idle along in 6th at 50kph.

A shift kit works by using a jackshaft to transfer power to the RHS, where it runs into your normal drive-train using a second front chain-ring, allowing you to use your existing gears. A freewheel stops the pedals from turning with the motor, unless you want to pedal.
Either the HD or Deluxe HD version are best - they come with a heavy-duty freewheel.
The pics of my bike on page 5 of this thread show the shift-kit fairly clearly, from both sides.

Search CNS and Dellorto (clone) for carbs, to get started.

Last edited:

Xavier

Mar 15, 2010
Philly, PA
Re: post a photo of your first MB

That a really good quality picture. kind of looks like a sales picture. what kind of camera did you use?
I was gonna ask the same thing?
A Canon something DSLR... my fiancee is an amateur photographer, she took the photo.

good looking bike....i ordered a blue del mar and should have it soon...i already have a silver one.
Go easy on the paint, lol. I'm sure you know since you have a silver one, but you can rub the paint off with a fingernail.