Piston tapping head no compression

GoldenMotor.com

DeadFalcon

Aug 25, 2020
So I have an 80cc motor on my bike and I had replaced the piston rings along with all of my gaskets. In doing so I had ripped my bottom head gasket and had still seated it seeing as it was not that bad. Now I started my bike and it ran for about 45 seconds power was a little low but i didn't worry that much about it. So i rode for a second and it made this clink noise then it shut off. Not sure if it's because my gasket it leaking air didn't have time to check I had somewhere to be. But now it will not get any compression what so ever and I can hear my piston tapping my head every time it moves. Now i am very new to this only had my bike for a couple of months so i'm not entirely familiar with these little engines and I want to make sure I do it right this time. So any help would be appreciated.

Gerard jones

Aug 25, 2020
So I have an 80cc motor on my bike and I had replaced the piston rings along with all of my gaskets. In doing so I had ripped my bottom head gasket and had still seated it seeing as it was not that bad. Now I started my bike and it ran for about 45 seconds power was a little low but i didn't worry that much about it. So i rode for a second and it made this clink noise then it shut off. Not sure if it's because my gasket it leaking air didn't have time to check I had somewhere to be. But now it will not get any compression what so ever and I can hear my piston tapping my head every time it moves. Now i am very new to this only had my bike for a couple of months so i'm not entirely familiar with these little engines and I want to make sure I do it right this time. So any help would be appreciated.
no compression says piston ring to me.
You may have knicked it reinstalling cyl.
or broken sparkplug.
Bad gasket can cause very lean/hot running/detonation and broken sparkplug again.
You're gonna have to take a look.

wolframore

Nov 10, 2016
Illinois
Recently had one which had wrist pin bearing blow apart and scored the cylinder walls. Rings were still good had no compression and the needle bearings were lodged all over the engine causing hard contact. Changed Bearing and cylinder and had it going again. But again you gotta check. It could be an engine seal also.

DeadFalcon

Aug 25, 2020
Recently had one which had wrist pin bearing blow apart and scored the cylinder walls. Rings were still good had no compression and the needle bearings were lodged all over the engine causing hard contact. Changed Bearing and cylinder and had it going again. But again you gotta check. It could be an engine seal also.
Thanks for the advice i am going to check it out today

DeadFalcon

Aug 25, 2020
no compression says piston ring to me.
You may have knicked it reinstalling cyl.
or broken sparkplug.
Bad gasket can cause very lean/hot running/detonation and broken sparkplug again.
You're gonna have to take a look.
I will be later today hopefully I can find the cause thank you for giving me some insight !