piston not moving.

GoldenMotor.com

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
Im still in the beginning stages of getting my bike running. Had it start 3 times and die after a few minutes. last few tries I noticed it wasn't even trying to start. I opened it up and found that the piston is not moving at all when clutch is released. Im afraid of the worst that it locked up and done. i can till move tire and spin the chain but piston is moving. I think I'm going to have to take it off the bike and open the whole thing up. Please HELP

Last edited by a moderator:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
open covers on both sides and roll the bike to see where the movement stops - at the end of the shaft at that point, you are probably missing a woodruff key

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
Piston doesn't budge. I took out the spark plug to make sure i got a spark, noticed when i pushed it i couldn't hear the piston moving. Took off the top and found the piston not moving at all. I can force the wheel to move and the chain rotates but no piston movement.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
take covers off the clutch and the chain sides of motor.push the bike forward.the chain rolls moveing the gear,that connects to the clutch with a shaft in the motor,the gear on the clutch is what moves the gear on the crankshaft,the crank is connected to the piston by a connecting rod to the piston.look at where the movement stops .more than likely the clutch is not adjusted rite,if thats not it the key on the crank may have sheared or slipped out.take the covers off,push the bike while takeing a vid and show us whats going on.