Pirate Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

Sambino

May 12, 2011
Washington (USA)
I got a new magneto coil from Pirate Cycles because the one on my bike broke, however it arrived bent out of shape. I had been emailing them for about a week and a half with no replies. I finally just broke down and ordered a second, if I never got any replies, and eventually a refund, I was just going to dispute the transaction on Paypal.
I left a note describing the situation in the "comments" section of the order info page, and got a phone call the next morning from Pirate Cycles saying that they will refund the second (replacement) order and ship the order today! They said that because of their low staff and high volume of emails, emailing is just not a good way to go.
Anyway, just thought I'd put this review up here because they deserve a good one.
P.S. They also add in fun stuff to your order, like Swedish fish!

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
iv'e had similar good experiences with them, great guys, ordered a cdi from them and the screw tab tore off while i was putting it on (i didn't tighten it as much as i had my factory cdi tightened so that didn't seem right to me), when i was checking out a new order i left a note about possibly looking to other companies for them to order the replacement parts from, since the one i got seemed to be soo cheap, even for a chinese motor kit part. when i recieved my new parts they had tossed in another cdi, along with a hand written apology about that.

customer service can't really get any better then that. they're well known on these forums with pretty much nothing but good things to be said about them (aside from the email part, but once they know of a problem they certainly do try to rectify it).

another vendor known to be great on the site is sickbikeparts, iv'e never personally used there services, but again lots of positive things being said n very little bad things.

whitey

Mar 7, 2010
Western Australia
Justin is a really great Guy. He helped me try and get one of Pats boardtrack bikes a few months ago. Sending all the parts to Pat... and then even trying to help me fight customs. When the bike got seized

But I do wish I could actually message him and get an answer. Lately he must be majorly occupied