Panama Jack (old school rat rod) with custom stake bed trailer

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by Slowrollers, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Just awesome Slow! Not one thing about that build that ain't suweet. (triple negitive, so is positive, I think. snork)

Gas gauge, wow. tank cap with fuel gauge If all of us email him an' let him know there is a market..... dunno. but man that thing is cool. I was working on a sight glass one. No where near as cool.

Did you make your book rack?

2. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

well ,I put my e-mail in the box ,we'll see what happens,they have a lot of interesting toys listed on there as well as the gascap,they apear to be in a part of san,francisco that is breaking off and going out into the ocean according to the google map,there look to be some fairly large yellow polly ropes attatched to the drifting part,so they must be trying to save it

3. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

LOL Corgi. I had to look it up. Am tired and don't see well. Took a second to make out the "yellow ropes" were roads.

Google maps removed it but way back when you asked for directions from NY to London, it would give you the streets to follow untill you were on the shore and then tell you to swim 3 thousand miles....."

Now it tells ya; "We could not calculate directions between nyc ny and London, United Kingdom." Bummer

Sorry about the ramble.

4. biknut

biknut Active Member

I'm really lovin your bike especially the trailer. I used it to email a know it all engineer friend of mine that thinks motor bicycles aren't parctical. I sent him a picture of your bike and this email.

"Don't you hate this. Right in the middle of when an engineer is explaining to you
    why something isn't practical, some dumb ass that didn't get the memo comes
    along and mows him down."

LOL

:ride:.:crash:.girl.:confused:rotfl

5. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

lots of nay-sayers around when great ideas come along,just have to believe beyond the negitive sounds,,,,wonder if they jealous,have oil stock,or work for the govt.,,lol

6. kipharley

kipharley New Member

I like every thing you did to that bike!Neat"O"!
    That front brake you added,why don't you get another assy and use it for your rear brake,with a dual pull lever.
    That way you wouldn't depend on that coaster brake for the rear.
    I built 4 Huffy Cranbrooks and had all four rear brakes fail.I wouldn't want to read that you had the same problem with your's.Kip.
    [email protected]

7. kipharley

kipharley New Member

How can a motor on a bicycle"Not" be practical.It's nice to have the option."To pedal or not".Kip.
    [email protected]

8. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Was thinking the same thing

9. Slowrollers

Slowrollers New Member

The coaster brake is holding up good so far (knock on wood) Im really not sure why others have said that they dont stop the bike well.....It stops the bike better than some moped brakes Iv had in the past.....Ive put a lot of stop and go miles on and only once did i have to lock the rear wheel up.....person pulled out in front of me....prolly didn't realize how fast a bicycle could go.....lol

Rear brake is in the making though... I have spent over 700 bucks on this project and have a ton of other projects that need funding.....maybe next spring???

Thanks for the replies!!!

10. bobby

bobby New Member

nice build. what motor is that?

11. Slowrollers

Slowrollers New Member

Its a GT5....

Im thinking of selling this bike for $500 w/o trailer... available for pick up only in chicagoland....

12. fall_down_stand_up

fall_down_stand_up New Member

Super nice build,but you need to get double hanger fenders on that thing before one comes loose and causes you to wipe out....
    John

13. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

John!?!? Is that you?

Great to see ya buddy!

14. handyjim

handyjim New Member

im jim jim handy mite be intrested in buying it jest built my first bike schwimm drifter want one for son im in aurora naper area

15. crazymike

crazymike New Member

I've been hunting around for one of these, I can't believe they go for 89.00++ on ebay:

D2 A/M HONDA & YAMAHA GAS CAP WITH FUEL GAUGE 60'S 70'S | eBay

16. F_Rod81

F_Rod81 Dealer

Very nice clean build. I like the trailer, but your fuel filter could be turned around.

17. marluzkat

marluzkat New Member

Does the rear light work and where can I get one for my Panama Jack build.