only runs while on choke (newer engine)

GoldenMotor.com

copygod

Jun 7, 2021
so I have stock 50cc two-stroke and I had done some porting work and all that and I had also sanded down the head to get higher compression because later I would like to put reed valves and the such on it but right now it only runs on the choke on and it also won't have any power behind it I do plan on buying a high compression head when I have to money could it be compression leak not enough spark to much gas or to lean i don't thing my not carb is clogged seeing as I just cleaned it not to long ago

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
so I have stock 50cc two-stroke and I had done some porting work and all that and I had also sanded down the head to get higher compression because later I would like to put reed valves and the such on it but right now it only runs on the choke on and it also won't have any power behind it I do plan on buying a high compression head when I have to money could it be compression leak not enough spark to much gas or to lean i don't thing my not carb is clogged seeing as I just cleaned it not to long ago
Only runs with choke on Means is not getting enough gas. Ya might have a hole in your float.
Check the gas tank Petcock fine screen filter it can get clogged with Paint chips that scrape off from the gas tank filler neck by the gas cap. Remove any paint from around the filler neck. Then clean out the gas tank If that's not the problem check the fuel system.
Your carb has to be level also check your float height,

Reactions: Nightster

copygod

Jun 7, 2021
Only runs with choke on Means is not getting enough gas. Ya might have a hole in your float.
Check the gas tank Petcock fine screen filter it can get clogged with Paint chips that scrape off from the gas tank filler neck by the gas cap. Remove any paint from around the filler neck. Then clean out the gas tank If that's not the problem check the fuel system.
Your carb has to be level also check your float height,
i ended up fixing out after installing g2 reed valve and hp carb which I still need to learn how to jet and tune properly lol