Only one brake?

GoldenMotor.com

PimpMan

Feb 10, 2018
According to manual i need to install clutch leaver instead of my brake leaver on left side of handlebar WTF i am not tossing out my brakes just to have some clutch. I thought this engines were automatic?

I have ebay kit 49cc.

RickM

Nov 30, 2018
According to manual i need to install clutch leaver instead of my brake leaver on left side of handlebar WTF i am not tossing out my brakes just to have some clutch. I thought this engines were automatic?

I have ebay kit 49cc.
I saw a video a few days ago and they showed leaving the brake leaver on then putting the clutch leaver on next and rotating above the brake leaver. When I saw it I was thinking it might be better to use an older style leaver for the brake since they're about an inch longer than most of the new ones... Haven't tried it since I've never built one.....yet.

PimpMan

Feb 10, 2018
I personally ordered this one for quad because it has stop light sensor as i want to add it to my bicycle, it also comes with optional thumb-throttle.

I did little digging on the subject and here's what i found, for basic bicycle dual cable brake leavers i there's two variants:

- Sunlite Alloy Dual Brake Lever $12
1.jpg

One problem with it little space if you have grip shifter.
2.jpg

- Promax Bl-47 $21 has more finger space.

3.jpeg

BrandFord2140

Oct 19, 2019
nothing wrong with a single brake I've been doing it for about 2 months now just have to be more aware of the surroundings but I've been now toying with going with a front brake I found a dual brake that's cheaper than the one that's been suggested but yet compatible to use on a rear brake light and it's a throttle brake assembly I have the throttle part already assembled on my bicycle just need to buy that part now to set up my front brake for a faster slow down also on a side note the thumb throttle reacts faster and is more reliable than a Twist grip I've had one Jam six times in a row

Attachments