Old mountain bike rider on an old mountain bike

GoldenMotor.com

Brads bike

Feb 27, 2022
Hello and thanks for letting me join, I`m an old mountain biker from the 80`s , riding an old 86 Ritchie Aspen, had it hanging in the barn for a cpl 5 -8 yrs and said hey I`m putting an engine on this old girl. Picked up a Grubee 66cc and put it on , still breaking it in but can tell I`m going to need the 48 tooth sprocket, lots of hills here in Nelson BC, enjoy the ride

Attachments

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
You can go to Gru-Bee for their version of a shift kit. I use a Staton Inc triple chainring shift kit. The shift kit will give you more options for climbing steep hills without sacrificing level ground top speed.
20210704_204623.jpg

Mason.perri6

Apr 14, 2022
Gday I’m new to the moterised bike stuff got a bt-80 on a old norco everything stock just got a high performance carby and a banana pipe and was just wondering some tips and stuff I should buy to make it go a bit better? Thanks

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Gday I’m new to the moterised bike stuff got a bt-80 on a old norco everything stock just got a high performance carby and a banana pipe and was just wondering some tips and stuff I should buy to make it go a bit better? Thanks
Post pictures, exactly what kind of riding are you planning on doing? Off road, paved roads, both etc.