Oh yeah moment...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
OKay I'll admit I'm mechanically challenged. I assembled the carb wrong not once (which cost me a two weeks down time and a new set of rings) but twice. I thought sure I had it that second time but Norman (god love him) posted a set of pics showing the right way to do it. And even though I had seen them before, I had enough experience with the throttle mechanism to finally realize what I had done wrong. I had flipped the brass pipe upside down.

So that is my oh yeah moment. I expect the bike to run like a scaled dog now. If not, It goes onto the lawn and we toast marshmellows on it.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i mounted the engine on backwards the first time lol. shoot we learn from mistakes and all we can do is laugh at them when we make them and redo it right

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Update...

I reset the throttle, and rode it today for a mile just to see how it does. The difference is astounding. I have a feeling that all those people hanging these engines on mtb are never going to use all those gears again.

It actually runs too fast on level ground for me. Uphill it climbs just fine with just enough slowdown to let me know how steep the hill is. If I ran it faster at the start it would probably not even slow down noticeably.

Okay, NOW i am a bike builder lol. I want to build them for all my friends so I can have someone to ride with.

Last edited: