Offroad MB

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 5, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
I haven't worked on a new bike in a while, and I'm getting in the mood to start another project. Since I've been riding a motorcycle for a a while now I'm no longer liking the lower speed capabilities of MBs, so I thought why not make my next project a super-offroad motorbike? That way I won't need to make it go fast, and it will still be just as much fun! So my question is what frame should I use? I want full suspension with as much travel as possible, and the frame needs to be able to accommodate a large engine, since the engine i have is 198ccs and is of comparable size to a predator 212.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Motoped. Heard of one roller selling for $1400 around here... Just add engine. I think the biggest engine is a bored 140 to 170 or something, and you KNOW those things will rev to 9k stock.

I think 212 commands going into motorcycle territory. I've been wanting to do a build with a 212 in a dirt bike frame, stretched n lowered.

Starting with a dirt bike frame will solve all your alignment issues for the suspension. Retrofitting a 200cc should be no problem.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
If I'm going to use a dirtbike frame I may as well just use the 900cc V-twin that I have lying around! I also want to keep this build as light as possible, preferably 75lbs or less, and I would like to be able to ride on streets as well. But a dirtbike frame is good to think about. And as for the motoped I love those, but I really want to build it all myself. No pre-made stuff, all built by me.

Last edited: