not much of an adventure but...

GoldenMotor.com

totalnewb

Jun 19, 2016
Flemingsburg, Kentucky
So I decided to take a quick trip around the town before I put up the bike for the night and I made a turn after coming up a hill wide open and saw a police car. I shut down the engine and started pedaling as I noticed him adjust his position slightly, he was pulling out of a parking lot. I started thinking he was going to pull me over, but I kept pedaling and turned into the parking lot across from him. I pulled up to the store as if I was going to get off and go in and saw him turn the other way.
Who knows if he noticed me riding up the hill or not, perhaps he had some other more important thing to address at the time. It's a small town he could easily have plans to stop me if he sees me another time. For now I can imagine that this is not an issue for him and perhaps I will be ignored as long as I ride safely and stay out of traffic. I wish there was an easy way to know everything is kosher with the local authorities.

brown

Feb 1, 2013
Bloomington IL
I found this. It may help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle_laws#Kentucky

Kentucky
Electric bicycle fits under the definition of "moped" under Kentucky law. You don't need tag or insurance, but you need a driver's license. "Moped" means either a motorized bicycle whose frame design may include one (1) or more horizontal crossbars supporting a fuel tank so long as it also has pedals, or a motorized bicycle with a step-through type frame which may or may not have pedals rated no more than two (2) brake horsepower, a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty (50) cubic centimeters, an automatic transmission not requiring clutching or shifting by the operator after the drive system is engaged, and capable of a maximum speed of not more than thirty (30) miles per hour[77][78] Helmets are required.