not getting fuel in chamber

GoldenMotor.com

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
I cant seem to get fuel into the chamber. my carburetor seems to be operating correctly float not jammed. I have compression and spark. but I pedal and pedal releasing the clutch. I feel it bog down. I have tried the choke in every position possible. Took off cap and cylinder is bone dry. I don't know what to try next. :-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'd probably put a few drops of fuel in thru spark plug hole to see if it pops - I'd also check compression with a gauge in case a seal is blown.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I cant seem to get fuel into the chamber. my carburetor seems to be operating correctly float not jammed. I have compression and spark. but I pedal and pedal releasing the clutch. I feel it bog down. I have tried the choke in every position possible. Took off cap and cylinder is bone dry. I don't know what to try next. :-||
NT carb? clean the jet hole thing me bob.....

Mjlive67

May 10, 2017
Florida
I'd probably put a few drops of fuel in thru spark plug hole to see if it pops - I'd also check compression with a gauge in case a seal is blown.
I did what you said and it worked for about 5 seconds, but died. I tried this again and didn't have any luck. I could still fell the strain of the engine pedaling making it hard to pedal. In my head i feel like its not sucking in fuel from the carb. not sure how to check. I have taken part the carb and it looks clean and the float seems to move around fine. The few seconds it ran gave me a lot of hope, I really appreciate your help.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
When you take the bowl off with gas on does the fuel flow freely? Is there gas in the bowl? Take out the jet and see if it is clogged.

mike carter 2

Nov 23, 2011
west virgina
shut off the gas at the tank,remove the carb and drain the fuel into something.turn it upside down on your bench ,table..ect.remove the 2 philips screws from the fuel bowl and gently remove the bowl.now you can see the float.look closely at the pivot point and you will see a pin that holds the float in place.gently pull the pin out with needle nose pliers,now you can GENTLY lift off the float.when you do this you will notice the needle valve hanging down from a small tang on the float.do not bend that tang .now use your mouth to blow through the fuel inlet and you should feel air come through.look down the hole that the needle valve came out of and check for any dirt.no dirt is good.dirt bad.if you have it use compressed air to blow through the fuel inlet agian and only then blow out the hole where the needle valve goes.reassemble is the opposit of tear down.be gentle, dont force anything.once you have it together,hold it rite side up and use your mouth to blow through the fuel inlet,it should be easy and you can hear it.now turn the carb over and blow again. you should not be able to.now reinstall your carb .if it was a stuck or dirty needle valve you just fixed it.

Last edited:

CRP

Jan 7, 2017
SC
Do what Mike said.

You need to follow the fuel and see what the problem is. Fuel line is easy to check, carb bowl then jet. Not much else to look at.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
it would help if you were to describe the problem - if you mean that you have spark and spark plug does not get wet, then carb is not on tight or it is not getting fuel or something like that - to check that carb is getting fuel, turn off fuel and remove drain plug on bottom of carb, then turn on fuel for a bit and see if fuel runs out the hole

Reactions: anas

anas

Feb 22, 2018
it would help if you were to describe the problem - if you mean that you have spark and spark plug does not get wet, then carb is not on tight or it is not getting fuel or something like that - to check that carb is getting fuel, turn off fuel and remove drain plug on bottom of carb, then turn on fuel for a bit and see if fuel runs out the hole
the fuel runs out the hole but when the fuel is in the carb it doesn't go to the cylinder

anas

Feb 22, 2018
i see a video or a guy talk of this problem but i don't understand because i don't speak english well
it's the link of this video

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you have fuel in carb and spark plug not wet, then either the carb is not seated tight on the intake, or the fuel in the carb is blocked by something stuck in the main jet - this can be a small piece of debris that came in through the fuel line, or often when the needle is put in the slide, it falls down into the jet because the clip that holds it came off

if carb is OK, then check if intake is steel that the very end of the pipe doesn't have a drip of chrome or a burr at the end that keeps the carb from going on smoothly - filing the very tip at a 45 degree angle can remove this to make carb slide easily on tight