Nirve Wild Child + Evo 2 Engine (active 40)???

GoldenMotor.com

rux21

Jun 25, 2008
Hello Everyone,

Long Time lurker around the forums!

I recently came across a great deal in which I purchased 2 Nirve Wildchild cruiser bikes for 125 bucks!! They are great bikes and pretty much brand new.
Here is a link to their site and a description of the bikes.....
Nirve.com - Cruiser Bikes

I also have an Evo 2 Motorized scooter with a 40cc 2 cycle active motor.
EVO 2 Powerboard Gas Scooter - Gas Scooters, Electric Scooters, and Scooter Part Sales

So, as most of you may guess, I'm wondering if I could take the engine and drivebelts from the Evo2 and somehow mount them on my Bike for a pretty cheap conversion.

I'm thinking I should do some type of friction drive as I might end up using the bike as a commuter and they won't allow you to take a motor or fuel on commuter trains. So being able to remove the engine would be a major factor.

I like the drive train on the Evo2 as it has a 2 speed gearbox..... So I'm wondering if I could somehow keep the gearbox and run that to a spindle.....

This is my first time doing anything like this but I'm pretty handy with tools...

Anyone have any ideas or advice or even a kit recommendation for me?. I'm all ears!(^)

Thanks!!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You should be able to whip something up with that combo...use your imagination and ask a lot of questions if you need help. Post pictures and when you get it all done, give us all an education about it.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have seen a real quick way to mount that set-up. Cut the scooter down and use the back part with the engine and wheel. The reversed wheel mounted to the top of your bicycle wheel will turn it the right way, super simple.

rux21

Jun 25, 2008
Okay the wheel on wheel makes a lot of sense. I think I'll figure out a way to do that then.....
If I replace the "scooter" wheel with something of a smaller diameter like a spindle would that improve anything... like mileage or top speed?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Depending on the size, you will increase top speed, but decrease power, or decrease top speed, but increase power. First try the tire, then if it's geared too high, remove the tire and try running the wheel alone.

rux21

Jun 25, 2008
Depending on the size, you will increase top speed, but decrease power, or decrease top speed, but increase power. First try the tire, then if it's geared too high, remove the tire and try running the wheel alone.
first attempt.... I put about 10 hours of work so far... So far I've used 26 dollars in materials from lowes and home depot... and a lot of parts from the scooter....

Its rough... I know.. but I was just seeing if I could do it.. few more hours (routing cables mostly) and I'll be ready to take her for a spin....