New member here

GoldenMotor.com

Gordy

Oct 13, 2024
East Kentucky
I've been on motoredbikes.com a few years and decided to take a look over here again. Found some great information and Ideas so I finally decided to get an account on here. (Apologies to the moderators if this is a second account. I can't remember if I made an account here when I first got into motorized bikes).

As an introduction I'm 17 and live in far East Kentucky. I used to live out in the desert half of Oregon and commuted to school and work on my first/second bike. The first was an old huffy New Port that I put a BT80 on. Like an idiot I ignored the warning about the fenders and left them on. Thank god my rear fender went before the front. That was quite the wakeup call. I rebuilt everything on to a Cranbrook and make it alot nicer looking.
First bike:
IMG_20230211_130501809_HDR.jpg

Second bike:
20230715_205212.jpg

A few months ago (almost a year actually) I had a bit more jingle than usual to play with so I bought a Phantom 85, Hyper Cruiser, and a good set of wheels. I got nearly finished with it, then life got in the way. My dad decided to renovate the house and move to here to Ky so the bike got put on hold. I've since then worked on it off and on, and the good weather today got me out to my garage and working on it some more. Unfortunately I'm not sure if this bike will be more than a weekend cruiser since I live out in the sticks and people drive like morons on the road between town and the house.

I've taken extra care to build this one right and safe. Dual hydraulic disc brakes, my version of the CNC front engine mount (made from a junk hub adapter I had, also allows for my exhaust support to bolt to it), squish set at .75mm, NGK plug, loctite on everything, acorn nits replaced with regular nuts, black and white clutch pads and not the red ones, a modified whizzer center stand, plastic fenders (mostly for looks lol) and my favorite, a unused Stewart Warner cable driven speedometer. All the brake adapters, front engine mount, exhaust hanger, a d kickstand modifications I have fabricated all by myself. I like to think I'm one **** of a fabricator for the tools I have access to.
New hyper build:
How does the Schwinn Hollywood chain guard
IMG_20241013_201623646.jpg

A look at my exhaust hanger:
IMG_20241013_201249753.jpg

And a look at my brake adapter
IMG_20241013_204332578.jpg

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Welcome. You won’t get banned here for expressing your opinion. I was on that site since ~2012 and was banned a couple years ago by that fat fk, failed/fired cop Damien for talking about backwards mounted disc rotors (that I’ve seen blow up).

I’ve seen those cable operated hydro brakes. I’ll say this, I ran the tektro Aries caliper on the back and it was GREAT and cheap. I wouldn’t trust those cheap hydro/mech calipers, and I hear they fail often.

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon