New Kit Clunk, my latest problem.

GoldenMotor.com

user53447

Oct 26, 2019
I'm using a 66cc Flying Horse epa certified kit from amazon prime. It's a bike berry engine with about 5 min on it. High performance carburetor. Cnc hub adapter 36t. Stock or spring tensioner. My problem this time is clinking when the engine is engaged. I'm using a 41 chain I had I've always used on other engines that I've checked is straight and its not knockling against anything. I considered it being the spring tensioner being mine is the gear version. ( Spring tensioner worked fine on my other engine)
Chain isn't isn't too loose or tight.
When I take off the bike rolls smooth when I let out the clutch it rolls ok when I get it cranked it immediately starts popping and clicking any time I engage the clutch.
The engine idles fine and seems to rev ok. This only happens under load It just doesn't get to speed and Cloncks when it's suppose to take off, let in the clutch and it get's back to idle.
Everything looks fine.
What do you think?

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Something wrong, i would disassemble it and check it out before you do any real damage, if you haven't already........Curt

user53447

Oct 26, 2019
Does anyone know what's wrong?

Messing with the tensioner by removing the plastic wheel and putting a gear on the idler bracket made it a little better.
I've tried shaving the drive gear.

41 Chains inline perfect, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the engine. I've even questioned compression it's in line so perfect. I'm not new to motorized bike issues and this one has me stumped.
20191028_103446.jpg

Before making tensioner from a old spring tensioner it didn't want to go at all, inside gear cover looks fine, no marks.

Attachments